Monday, September 28, 2009

Recovery Day

Yesterday Dad and I ran the Jersey City 1/2 marathon in the pouring rain. I think that was the rainiest race we've ever run. I missed qualifying for the New York marathon by 10 seconds. 10 seconds!! I blame the rain. My time was 138:10. (7:30 pace) All in all the race was fun but it was definitely a reality check for Philly. I have come to the realization that I am seriously going to have to step up my game if I am going to qualify for Boston. Apparently long distances are not my best running events. Give me a 5K any day. I have to work so much harder to run the long distances at a competitive pace. I will do it though, someday. If I can take 8 minutes off my 5K time then I'm sure I can shave a few off of a longer distance.

I had off of work today for the Jewish holiday. Since I am supposed to be recovering, I was unable to run, but I was able to go to the gym! I love the gym on Monday mornings. They have the best classes and its pretty quiet. This morning I took barbell strength and Pilates. So much for a recovery day. Oh well...maybe next time.

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
- Barry LePatner

2 comments:

Lee Ryan said...

Hey - sorry you missed your goal, but that's still an awesome time on the 1/2 marathon!!

Keri said...

Thank you, maybe next time!