Ok, here it goes.
I get out of work on Fridays at 3 o’clock. Usually the routine is go home and take care of the pup, then change and head back out to run. I can’t run from my apartment so I usually end up driving back to my parent’s house- which is right where I just came from, so it is a lot of going back and forth. I get out earlier on Fridays and I knew we had dinner plans, *which I assumed were for my birthday* so I wanted to save some time and run first, then go back to my apartment.
So naturally, I do a hill workout.
I am feeling good, so I make it a little longer. No rush, right? I called Dan when I was on my way back and he told me he was going to try to get out of work early. I get home, and everything is normal…lights are out, Cooper greets me at the door…I am petting him and putting all my work stuff and gym bag down, and I look up and Dan walks around the corner, all dressed up, shaved, and with a new haircut. I am smelly, sweaty, and still in my running clothes. Typical.
He had cleaned the entire apartment. *I may have said, don’t worry about getting me a birthday present, please just clean your room* So he showed me what he had been up to all day…Cooper even got me a birthday card.
So he gives me my birthday present. I open it up and it is a new pair of Mizunos! I desperately needed new running shoes and am still broke from Christmas. I was excited and said that I should have come home first because I could have worn them on my run. Good thing I didn’t because that run never would have happened!
I pulled them out to see what they looked like and he had the ring tied into the laces. I had him tie it back in a few hours later to take the picture.
I honestly don’t remember much of the proposal part. I know the first thing I said was “Noooo” then I said “yes” of course. I was pretty speechless. I always thought I would be screaming my head off, but I just started crying and there were a lot of ohmygods thrown in there too.
He got down on one knee, and asked me to marry him.
I’m still sort of in shock. The whole thing was a whirlwind. We called our family and close friends and sent out many texts, but then it was time to get ready for dinner. On the way to dinner we stopped by my parents’ house to show them the ring. Dan had asked their permission earlier in the week and they had been waiting all week for him to propose!
We had a fantastic dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. Our server even brought over a bottle of champagne. I looked at Dan, but he didn’t order it. Dan told him he had the wrong table and he said, “No I don’t. Its from your Dad.” So sweet.
After dinner we celebrated with some more friends. Dan kept calling me his fiancé all night. We had a blast but by 1am I was beat. We went home and I went straight to bed.
Now we are having dinner with my family for my birthday and then more celebrations with friends later! I hope I can keep up!
Thank you SO MUCH for all the love, congratulations and birthday wishes!
xoxo
34 comments:
what a breathtakingly gorgeous ring!!!!! and so brilliant to tie it to a pair of running shoes :) that guy "gets" you!!!! love it!
ahhh congrats and happy birthday! love the story and the ring :)
OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS SO SO AMAZING AND SO CUTE!!! Congratulations girl!! Gorgeous ring too! Aww this totally has made me well up! :D
Aww, this is good stuff. I have a huge smile on my face! Such a wonderful story. So happy for you.
So beautiful!!! I haven't heard a lot engagement stories but yours is the best. Being proposed with the ring on a running shoe, something that you love so much ( not really the shoe, but running) awesome! Dan is so thoughtful! I wish you all the best.
Happy birthday ( I almost forgot your bday after reading the story).
sooooo awesome!!! and Happy Birthday birthday twin :)
Hi, I found your blog through Kari's :) What an awesome story!!!! Congratulations and happy birthday!! :)
I love that he tied the ring to the running shoes!!!! The ring is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats!!! :) And happy birthday too!
Love the proposal, and love your bday request:)
i would have SO made that bday request :)!!! CONGRATS! I am so happy for you!
xoxo
s
CONGRATS!!! That is the BEST proposal EVER!! <3 <3 <3
What a great story! My fiancée proposed Christmas eve and my ring was served to me on a platter! I was in so much shock I screamed! I cant remember anything either!!! Enjoy and happy birthday!!!!
What a wonderful proposal! Happy birthday!
LOVE the story. Your ring is gorgeous!! Congrats and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
OMG-goosebumps! Congrats! Beautiful ring!!!
Happy beltaed birthday and CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a wonderful way to celebrate! Enjoy, enjoy! And be sure to not wear gloves and show that baby off!
Btw, did you get the sticker I mailed you? hope so!
i LOVE the story... it's the perfect way to propose to you!! :) I also LOVE your ring! I'm kinda partial tho lol.. mine looks almost exactly like it except my stone is square ;)
Congrats again! So excited for you!! :)
WOW congrats...thats wonderful and the ring in beautiful you lucky thing!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS! What an amazing story and perfect way to propose :)
yea! Congrats!!!
sounds like ya' got yourself a good one. =)
What a great story! Congratulations! Enjoy the engagement before everyone starts asking you wedding questions!!!!
wow! happy birthday AND engagement!
awww! what a fabulous story!!! Happy birthday AND Best wishes gal!!! :)
OMG Congrats!!!!! What a cute engagement! :)
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I am a little late to the game but CONGRATULATIONS!!
And a ring on new running shoes?! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
I don't even know you but I am so, so happy for you!
Oh my god!!!! I just got back and saw this, SOOOoOoO excited for you! And it is SO cute how it did it, perfect for you!!!!
I'm emailing you today!!
Very Very awesome- great story too!
And ps- Dan has great taste, I love the ring!
great story, congrats!
I stumbled upon your blog and this was one of the first posts I saw. CONGRATULATIONS! What a wonderful way to ask someone so passionate for running. Maybe I'll have to show the guy I want to marry this someday ;-)
Beautiful ring, he's got good taste!
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!
This just make me SO happy this morning!!! I am cheesing from ear to ear!!!
That is the CUTEST proposal!!! So perfect for you!!! Aghhhhhhhh!!!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy every moment of your engagement!!!!!!
I got engaged about 2 weeks after my 27th birthday!!! 27 is a great age :-)
Ah...I have some tears here. This is a beautiful story, Keri!
This man knows your heart. Wonderful things await you. So happy for you, lady :)
And....I am happy you got some much needed shoes too! I'd have said the same thing, haha ;)
I don't normally comment though I enjoy your blog immensely but I just wanted to say congrats! This is the sweetest engagement story ever, I would die if my SO did all that (especially cleaned the whole house)! And what a gorgeous ring, hope you two have a long happy life together!
AHHHHHHHH congrats girl!!!!! SO happy for you <3
Post a Comment