Saturday, February 19, 2011

Long Run and NJ Wedding Venues

Happy Saturday my friends! Anyone else celebrating a long weekend?

Today’s long run was shorter than most. My dad and I completed a very hilly and hard 13-miler at about an 8:55 pace.

Hills:

Summit 13 Hills

Ouch.

Splits
if you are interested…

Summit 13 splits

My legs were still tired from Wednesday’s 800s. Guess I need to get used to speed work again.

After the run (and a shower) Dan, my parents and I went to check out 2 possible venues in North Jersey for the reception. We looked at:

The Madison Hotel

Madison_Hotel_01_360x360

And…

The Highlawn Pavilion

HP_Facade_NightShot_6650

They were both beautiful and very different. We have a few more places to see, so we aren’t making any decisions just yet.

Enjoy what is left of your Saturday!

*If you live in NJ and have any venue suggestions, please let me know!

*Plans for the long weekend? Do you have just Monday off or longer?
I only have Monday off, but many of my teacher friends are off all next week! LUCKY!

*Hills: Love them or hate them?
BOTH

8 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

AWESOME RUN!!!! I love that you get to run with your dad. LOVE THE VENUES...I am jealous:) I am with you on hills...love and hate!

mmmonyka said...

When there are hills I hate them, when there are none, I love them and miss them:))

Long weekend?!? I did not know that there was a holiday or something (is it President's Day?), so I guess that this answers your question. I do not get any day off!:(

Stephanie said...

LOVE the pics of both of those wedding venues, they look great! Can't wait to hear about how it all goes!!

Running Ricig said...

I'm so jealous of people talking about their long weekends! Mine is just a regular length weekend :(

Anonymous said...

the Madison Hotel venue looks absolutely beautiful! My friend just finished up with selecting her venues & had so much fun with it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Wow AMAZING run girl!! You are SO awesome!!

Those venues look SO beautiful!! And I just did a hill run too...definitely a love-hate relationship! :P

coach dion said...

Love hills did 1135m climb in Saturdays 24km run!!!

Anonymous said...

There are quite a few really good venues down my way in South Jersey. If you are looking in that are, or even Philly, let me know and I'll give you some names.

Jillyfly81 @ comcast.net