Tuesday, February 8, 2011

And it Begins…

On Sunday, I stopped by Borders to pick up a few planning supplies…

IMG00267-20110206-1138   IMG00269-20110206-1313 

They had a lot to choose from, but I was able to narrow it down.

Here are some more pics from the engagement night that my dad took.

DSC_0332DSC_0335

Dan looks so happy and I look totally overwhelmed…already haha.

I am still recovering from lack of sleep this weekend. Last night I went to bed at 8:30.

Back this afternoon with a running post.

*What is your best wedding planning/engagement tip?
I need all the help I can get.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prioritize! Think about what matters most don't lose sight of that. We didn't want to spend money on things that we felt were insignificant and no one would care about (centerpieces, chair covers). So we put our money into food/drink and photography.

Running Ricig said...

My best planning tip (and I managed to plan my wedding, which was AWESOME, in two months by myself) is to eliminate all of the stuff you don't care about. Don't care about wedding favors? don't get them. You'll save yourself a lot of stress by only having things in the wedding that matter to you and your fiance.

Anna said...

1. Put more time into preparing for your MARRIAGE than your wedding. Practice communicating, compromising, making decisions - weddings planning provides great opportunities for this of course. Make sure to have fun non-wedding planning times together as well!
2. Your wedding isn't to please your mom or his sister or your great-aunt Sue, it's for you guys and as long as you're happy it's all good. Don't worry about what others will expect/want/think they need...at the end of the day you'll be married which is all that matters! (For my wedding this meant eliminating a lot of "traditional" things that we didn't like and saving a ton of money in the process!)

Anna said...

1. Put more time into preparing for your MARRIAGE than your wedding. Practice communicating, compromising, making decisions - weddings planning provides great opportunities for this of course. Make sure to have fun non-wedding planning times together as well!
2. Your wedding isn't to please your mom or his sister or your great-aunt Sue, it's for you guys and as long as you're happy it's all good. Don't worry about what others will expect/want/think they need...at the end of the day you'll be married which is all that matters! (For my wedding this meant eliminating a lot of "traditional" things that we didn't like and saving a ton of money in the process!)

Anonymous said...

How exciting!

We did the Justice of the Peace thing and skipped the wedding. ... So I got nothin' for ya!

Stephanie said...

A wedding is a party so plan it like a party, don't let anyone tell you its anything different. We are so excited to be married and spend most of our time talking about our life together and what we want to do and how we want to make our marriage and life together successful, I sometime forget that I have a wedding to finish planning.

I try to make decisions about the wedding and move on, because at the end of it all, it will have been a great party, but nothing except the pictures will last. There is no reason to second guess yourself and your judgement, I know so many people who are so afraid of making the 'wrong choice' that they won't make a choice at all. I would recommend focusing on what you care about and don't let any of it stress you out, it takes the fun out of it, and at the end of the day it's not worth the extra stress.

dawn @ running the dawn said...

i love the tips already!

mine is: find your dress first. the look and feel of everything else will fall into place once you know what your dress is.

and like everyone said, don't waste time or money on anything that is only happening because it "should" be in a wedding.

Runners Fuel said...

Things book up very quickly. Book early and do lots of planning!!!

coach dion said...

Keep it small!!! max 50 people and through a great party, we were the last to leave our wedding (12.5years ago)

Unknown said...

Always remember that this is your wedding and nobody elses! So many times brides start planning to add things because they want to make other people happy. Trust me, your parents and family will be happy if you did it in your house so don't go crazy adding extra costs. Finances can spin out of control really fast.

mmmonyka said...

I have no advice, obviously, since I'm not married.
Have you set the date already?????

Lizzy said...

Enjoy the day- it goes by way too fast! Don't worry about making anyone else happy besides you and your husband to be!
Oh and flowers die. I always think its ridiculous how much people spend on flowers- pictures are forever! Try to get a photographer who will give you the rights to the photos so you have all of them!

Anonymous said...

Google Docs has a set of templates by Style Me Pretty that really help. Email me and I'll send you the details :)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog! You are so awesome. And my tip would be elope! It's stressful and so expensive - just run now! LOL Just kidding this is really coming from a bitter lady that was deathly sick on her wedding day and so it was a waste of money that I don't even remember!

Muncher Cruncher said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you. I don't have any tips for you because I haven't done it myself, but I am just excited for you nonetheless. I can't wait to get to plan my own wedding one day! Keep us posted :)