As many of you probably know, New Jersey has had a brutal winter so far. Storm after storm, we hadn’t seen grass for weeks! Last week was the first week all year without snow, and it was my first full week at work. We still have to get through the rest of February and March, but yesterday we were able to see the first glimpses of spring when the temps actually hit 50 degrees! We even had blue skies, which did wonders for my mood. All this snow and gray skies were getting old. Even more exciting- they are predicting Friday to be 61 degrees! I know we are not out of the woods yet, but this tease of warm weather assures me that spring is on its way…eventually. So excited.
Unfortunately, due to working late and not being fully prepared for Valentine’s Day, I didn’t have time to enjoy the temps and run outside, so I had to hit the treadmill again. Even that was more enjoyable, because I didn’t have to wear 20 layers for the 2 minute walk down to the gym. I did wear my new sneakers, finally, which you may remember from this story.
Treadmill Run + Plyo Jumps
4.0 Miles
33:36
10 burpees
20 lunge jumps
I am feeling those jumps today. I always intend to do more (and go by time, for example, 1 min, instead of reps) but my screaming quads convince me otherwise. I’m always afraid I will be too sore to run the next day, or get injured so I am very conservative with the plyometrics. I always do them at the end of a workout to teach my legs to find strength when they are tired and to make sure I am all warmed up.
I came home from my run to this:
What is it about me coming home from a run to these wonderful surprises ;) No complaints here!
I gave Dan a gift certificate to the spa for a massage and last night we cooked dinner together and had Red Velvet Cupcakes for dessert.
Back to Pilates today!
*What do you get a guy for Valentine’s Day?
Girls are so easy…flowers and chocolate, but I think men are more difficult :)
9 comments:
last week was my first full week of work too! This weather is crazy. It was warm (by comparrison) yesterday, but freezing again today! Ugh.
That's so fun that you get to keep coming home to surprises!
It's spring (almost summer) down here too! I was getting so sick of the gray skies and sweaters, but I know you guys have it 10x worse!
Hopefully you can get in some nice sunny warm runs this week!
Love the new shoes! Are you still wearing the Wave Inspires or is that a new style?
It's spring (almost summer) down here too! I was getting so sick of the gray skies and sweaters, but I know you guys have it 10x worse!
Hopefully you can get in some nice sunny warm runs this week!
Love the new shoes! Are you still wearing the Wave Inspires or is that a new style?
I'm glad the weather is finally letting up for you! Don't work too hard and enjoy those chocolates :)
I love that Spring is coming!!
I don't really get into Valentines Day- I like being acknowledged but I don't need anything special. I would prefer to be surprised on random days of the year. This year, I cooked dinner. It was nice.
Spring has sprung! Love it. We're supposed to hit 76 here next week. Crazy.
Oooo. I love your shoes!
Awww flowers and truffles! So cute!! :)
And that is such a good idea with the jumps! I might try that...thanks girl!!
I am SO excited for the warm weather!!! I really hope the ground hog was right, and it STAYS right!!! Woot Woot to 65 degree weather!!!
Love your romantic surprises! I got some chocolate this year. First time in maybe 7 years I didn't get flowers...but I told him I would rather him not spend $75.00 on flowers -I am opting for something better than I have not decided on yet ;-)
Post a Comment