Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend Madness

This weekend was a busy one, and I can’t believe it is already over!

We kicked off the weekend with date night at a new movie theater that serves dinner while you watch the movie! I personally have a really hard time sitting in a movie theater watching a two hour movie. I feel restless, like there are so many other things I could be doing…but add dinner to the movie, and everything changes. I guess maybe because I like to be so busy, I have trouble just relaxing and watching a movie, but I would be eating dinner anyway, so I felt less guilty! We saw No Strings Attached with Natalie Portman, and it was really cute!

On Saturday, my Dad and I did a “long run.” It was cutback week and my schedule called for 15, but we ended up doing 11. Many times, those in between long distances of 15-18 are a lot harder for me than the 20 milers are! I think it has something to do with how I approach the run. Oh, I only have to do 15 this week instead of 20. I can stay up late, not drink enough water, etc. It was nice to be running back outside, although, the pace was a little slow (8:45ish) because of many icy sidewalks and snow banks.

After the run, I went with my mom for mani/pedis, which I have been meaning to do for awhile.

Saturday afternoon, we took Cooper to the dog beach for the first time! I was so excited because there was no snow on the beach!
DSC01166  DSC01169
DSC01168   DSC01171

That night we went to a dinner party with friends and they gave me another diamond!

IMG00276-20110212-1937

It is a wine topper! How cute?!

We came home early Sunday because I had a coffee date with a friend.

It was such a fun weekend that flew by way too quickly.

I’m certinaly not the only one who had too much fun…
IMG00278-20110213-2131
Pooped Coop

*How do you (or do you) celebrate Valentine’s Day?
We never go out on Valentine’s Day. We went to the store yesterday and bought some food to cook together.

7 comments:

Running Ricig said...

that movie theater sounds so cool! I wish they did that around here somewhere.

We're meeting up at my parents' to hijack their treadmill tonight while they are away. Real romantic :)

dawn @ running the dawn said...

i'm totally with you. i get all geeked out about being prepared for my 20 milers, but when the mileage drops down a bit i feel like i can shrug it off. which is not good...but what're ya gonna do?

sounds like it was a super fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. That pic of "pooped coop" is presh!

Teamarcia said...

We went to a theater like that in NC but didn't order dinner. It was really weird to watch everybody else eating!
Dog beach? Cool!

Stephanie said...

We are doing the same thing, staying home and watching the computer face off to the big winners on Jeopordy- I know I am seriously 100, but I am bringing home surprise cupcakes for dessert!

That movie theatre sounds super fun, I wish we had one like that!

Anonymous said...

That theatre sounds AWESOME!! I'm the same- I find it hard to sit there for 2 hours, but not if I got served dinner too! :P

Amazing run too! Love that you did it with your dad too:)

Have a great V-Day girl!!

Anonymous said...

i feel the same way about movies. just like football... i'm a 1st and 4th quarter kinda' gal. (sad, i know... i'm from alabama i should really respect the sport) also, did you know that natalie portman has something like 5+ movies coming out this year!? i really would like to see some of 'em. glad you had a great weekend!