Thank you for all your planning tips.
Many of you said similar things:
*Prioritize.
*Don’t try to make everyone else happy.
This one is huge for me. My dad sat me down to talk about this one already. I may have a tendency to do this. It makes me happy to make other people happy…
*Enjoy it! Try not to get stressed out…this is supposed to be fun!
*Plan early!
And I love this tip from the dawn: find your dress first. the look and feel of everything else will fall into place once you know what your dress is.
Love that!
I also received lots of advice for websites to reference, planning tools, and from people I know and who are local- name of vendors, locations, etc.
So, yesterday was the day I was going to get back to my workout routine. I usually rest on Mondays so I wasn’t far behind, Tuesdays is usually a short run followed by Pilates, but when Dan’s parents called and wanted to go to dinner to celebrate the engagement and birthday, I knew I couldn’t say no :)
Pilates was out but my body was craving a good workout, so this is what I came up with:
*10 minute stair running
Up and down stairs 12 x 4 flights
*Modified Push-ups (15, 10, 10, 15)
*Triceps Dips (3 x 10)
I was going to do more, but then my mom called and we got to talking about wedding planning and I ran out of time. Oops. It was short, but a solid workout that got my heart pounding! I actually really enjoyed the stair running. Some sets I took two steps at a time and others I focused on moving my feet as fast as possible. This was a good alternative for a hill workout, and fortunately, none of my neighbors used the stairs during my workout!
I was also able to get in a 5-miler with my Dad on Sunday, but my Garmin has been having problems, and I wasn’t able to use it! I think there is a problem with the battery. It will say the battery is full and then it will die OR it will say the battery is low and then last for days. I don’t know what to do…
*Check me out on Stefanie’s blog, Run On!
11 comments:
My wedding suggestion for you would be to make sure to book your reception and ceremony site first - those go quick especially if you have a popular date. Then book vendors that could go quick too like photographer and DJ. Florist and Cake baker are able to accommodate more than one wedding a day so you don't have to worry about that as much. They say you should order your wedding dress about 9 months before your wedding but I ordered mine around 7 and 1/2 month and it will be in around may which is about 4-5months. I would say those are the most important stuff, after you get all that organized them the rest will fall into place and there aren't as many time crunches. I use theknot.com and they have a checklist you can follow too once you set a date.
Saw you on Run On! Awesome :)
It's also important not to let people get you overwhelmed. When I got engaged (on a saturday) the next day I was at church and everyone kept asking me when the big day was going to be. I freaked out that I didn't have a wedding day yet (after being engaged for ONE day!). So I went to the book store and got a book with timelines, etc. in it and it calmed me down and helped keep me organized.
Suggestion from another lady doing some wedding planning... I dont know if you've set a date yet or not, but most wedding dresses take about 6 months (some shorter, some longer) to come in after you order them so make sure you order your dress with plenty of time left for your fittings! :) I only had 6 months to plan so i'll be getting my dress less than a month before my wedding and then I have to have fittings still!
I came over from Run On. Congrats on your birthday, your engagement, and Boston! Wow, you're a busy lady!
I used to love stair running. I wonder why I don't do it anymore? You've inspired me!
Hahaha, I have totally had issues with my Garmin too. It has a mind of its own!
Congrats on the engagement! I can't wait to see how you plan and what your wedding turns out to be like!
I agree with Dawn...dress first!! Definitely plan around the dress!!
Oh, and I made my wedding to please everyone else. I got a lot of compliments from guest. But I have so many regrets because of it. I didn't get all the pictures I wanted, so my bridal party could eat at cocktail hour. I let my families complain about each other and whine like it was their wedding...I was playing referee. It was probably the most stressful time in Michael and my life. We got through it which is why we know we're meant to be. But, man, it was stressful because of our families. And me not being selfish enough. I learned my lesson. I put my foot down big time with this pregnancy, and it's now the happiest time of our lives!
i am sure you will enjoy every minute. Definitely live it up, be selfish, and do what YOU want to do!!!!! Everyone I know that got married did, and I was the dumb one that tried to please everyone. It wasn't all bad. I definitely had fun and the dress was the best part!!!!!!! LOVED my dress!
eeeeee! i'm still just SOOO excited for you! its amazing how quickly priorities can change. now...boston is great, but weddings are once in a lifetime. make sure that you are going to enjoy the race, but don't get too stressed out trying to be perfect with your training. when you need to take time to plan...don't stress out! there will be more marathons, more boston marathons.
Hi Keri! So sorry I'm so behind. Life with 3 kids gets in the way of blogging as it should. :) Happy Belated Birthday girl! You've got a lot on your plate with wedding plans, birthday, and training for a marathon! woo wee. But you'll be great and you're right or your dad is right about not making others happy. Looks like you're doing great and with all those push ups and dips and stuff, your arms are going to look rockin' for your dress!!!
I AM SO EXCITED TO FOLLOW ALL OF THE WEDDING PLANNING!!! I totally agree with the advice...especially the one about finding the dress first, that was the most important part to me:) GREAT speedy workout and woman you are going to look absolutely amazing on your wedding day, I am thinking you are going to be in a wedding magazine! Your garmin better not be broken!!!
So many fun things to do to prepare for the BIG day. Sounds like you have been given great advice.
I suppose that I wish I had let go of things a bit more on my actual wedding day, instead of just trying to make everythign perfect. There are some things you just can't control- like angry yellow jackets swarming the cake. These things are not worth getting upset over.:)
Good impromptu workout!
thanks for posting about this! i'm also getting started on all the planning and my biggggest problem is trying to please everyone...as much as everyone has told me that they just want me to be happy- its hard to remember to think about myself for once :)
Post a Comment