Monday, February 7, 2011

27.

On top of all the excitement that happened this weekend…I also turned 27! The planning was perfect on Dan’s part because I thought all the commotion was for my birthday and was totally surprised by the ring.

On Saturday night, my mom made a fantastic birthday dinner.

 DSC_0340  DSC_0342

She really went all out.

DSC_0346 

DSC01158   DSC01155

They got me a GPS! I seriously needed one…I always get lost and then call my dad to get on the computer and navigate for me.

DSC01162

My sister and her boyfriend also got me a beautiful baby blue northface rain jacket. I love it.

After dinner, we went out for a few drinks with friends, but it was a very low-key night. I can only handle going out for one night of the weekend these days, but this weekend I was out 3 nights in a row! I am super tired today but it was completely worth it.

Last night, we went to my friend’s place for super bowl. She is a fantastic cook and we had a blast. She also got cupcakes to celebrate my birthday- red velvet, do you see a trend here? And the entire party sang…so embarrassing, since half the people there I didn’t know, but it was really sweet. THEN, she pulls out a bottle of champagne for an engagement toast.

She told a story about one of her favorite memories with me. 11 years ago we had a double sweet 16 (her birthday is next week) We picked up a huge bouquet of balloons and were walking out of the store, when she accidentally let go of them.

She said, “I should have known Keri was going to be a track star because she took off sprinting after those balloons, leaped off a snow bank and caught them.”

Such a great friend. I was in tears. Again. So much crying for such a happy weekend. She is already planning the trip to Vegas.

Well, I guess it is back to the real world for today. Wish me luck!

*How was your weekend?
*Did you attend any superbowl festivities?
*Any races?
I am anxious to get out there and start racing again. Go check out
Page’s race recap of her fantastic PR half marathon!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERI!!! Girl you are gorgeous and it sounds like you had a blast:) That story about you is ADORABLE!!

And this might make a great start to your week...check my blog post!! :D

Kim (Book Worm Runs) said...

Sounds like an AWESOME weekend!! :) An engagement, a birthday celebration and a super bowl party..whew! I am exhausted just reading about it :) Have a great week!

Running Ricig said...

oh man, a couple of years ago my parents got me a GPS for the exact same reason!

Your birthday looks like it was awesome!

Anonymous said...

AAH! I loved your weekend, it sounds perfect!! Happy tears are the best.

The weekend was low key, and we had friends over for the superbowl. Zero races, we're moving soon, plus the town is WAY too small to even know what running is.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, a shout out in your birthday post! Thank you! I just realized I put one too many R's in your name - sorry about that!

It sounds like you had a great birthday...27 is going to be your year!

Laura said...

Happy birthday!

I actually had half a red velvet cupcake at the Superbowl party I went to also... DELICIOUS.

Runners Fuel said...

Happy birthday!! What a busy weekend!

Stefanie D. said...

Looks like you had an awesome birthday!

No races for me. Just sat around and watched the Super Bowl. lol.

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

BEST WEEKEND OF YOUR LIFE!! I am so happy for you. Girl, you are GORGEOUS...love that picture of you two! Your mom went all out and you deserve all the commotion and celebrating for you!!

Angie said...

Glad to hear you had a great birthday! It sounds like it was the perfect weekend! And all the food looks incredibly delicious! Congrats again! :)

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GORGEOUS!!!!

Everything looks so pretty! 27 is a GREAT age! I loved 27 :-)

Sounds like you have a great friend! Engagement toast?? Did I miss something on here?? Or do you mean birthday toast?? I almost got extra excited????

Raina said...

Happy Birthday!!!

yay for the GPS...

No races this last weekend, or superbowl. Instead we just went for a hike.

Have a great 27!