Hi Friends!
Hope your Sunday is going well. I was super sore from yesterday’s hilly run, but managed to get through a great mat Pilates class. We worked on lots of hips and arms today and I learned a new simple and effective workout that targets inner thighs to share with you!
Side-Lying Leg Lift
Targets: Inner Thighs
Directions: Lie on one side with your head on your arm. Bend the top leg so that your foot is on the floor and your bottom leg is flat on the mat, and your foot is flexed.
Lift and lower the bottom leg a few inches off the ground.
Repeat for 30 seconds or 15-20 reps. Try to keep your head in line with your spine. My head should be more on my arm in this picture.
To make the exercise harder, you can add a weighted bar. I don’t own a weighted bar so I used my Pilates contraption. During mat class this morning, I used a 9 pound bar. Depending on how heavy the bar is, you won’t be able to lift the leg as high.
Outtakes:
Cooper Does Yoga:
All done!
*Stay tuned for something exciting happening on the blog this week!
11 comments:
thanks for the stretch! I'm gonna have to use that :)
how cute is cooper doing his yoga? ;)
Oh, this is no stretch! You will feel this in your inner thighs!
Hahaha, Cooper's pretty good at yoga. My pup seriously rocks the downward dog.
Cooper is hilarious. He is better at yoga than I am :)
hahahaha! Your Cooper and my Cooper have the exact same philosophy on yoga! Thanks for sharing what looks to be a difficult exercise (and you made it look easy!).
Your dog is so funny...kind of like my 18 month old when I try to do Jillian. He tries to get on my back and stomach when I'm doing push ups and abs. :) Thanks for the workout!
Hahahaha, Coop and Lola can workout together and distract us ;)
SUCH an oldie but goodie move!!! I still make many of my clients do this one! You are so cute and Cooper is absolutely adorable. As soon as I put my yoga mat down it's like a magnet for Munchkin to go right on it :-)
HAHA my dogs do the exact same thing! too cute. :)
Yes, the photos with Cooper reminded me of my son when I do core work:)
This post reminded me of when I attempted to start P90X and my Polo thought push up time was play time. I so love dogs and the joy they bring! Your Cooper is adorable!
Post a Comment