Monday, October 5, 2009
A Long Monday
Ugh Mondays. Back to work after a fun weekend. Today was a long day. My students were bad, (there must have been a full moon or something) and Mondays are my day off from running. I actually would have run today if I didn't have meetings until late. I guess for normal people 4:30 isn't late, but as a teacher, that is a LONG day. Then, I had to rush back to the apartment to clean up because our friends are in town from Orange County, CA. Tonight we are taking our friends out for sushi (they are still not here yet, hence the quick post!) which I am looking forward to, but I don't feel like I was very productive today. Normally on Mondays I take some time to study for my test. I am planning to take the ACE (American Council on Exercise) Group Fitness Instructor Exam (to teach exercise classes). I have been studying for a few months now (since June) and I think (hope!) it is going well. I never was a big science person and learning all the anatomy and biomechanics is tough for me. I recently ordered a practice exam and if all goes well I plan to register for the exam soon! I have been taking tons of classes at my gym (Lifetime Fitness- the greatest gym ever!) to get my whole body in shape for the marathon next month. I feel much stronger overall. I used to run 5Ks in a competitive time and the next day my legs would feel great but my arms and upper body would be sore from the pumping, I guess. It was pathetic! I became determined to get my whole body in shape and it truly has helped my running. I know there are some skeptics out there- the theory of specificity and all that (i.e., if you want to become a better runner- run more) but I feel so much stronger and healthier all around. Running, of course is still my favorite :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment