Sunday, November 8, 2009
2 Weeks to go and Sick...
Soo I am still sick :( It is actually a bit worse than I originally thought. Friday night I had a pretty high fever that didn't break until last night. Today I feel a bit better, but am super achy. No 10K for me today...fortunately I wasn't counting on the points, just wanted to run for fun and I read somewhere that it is a good idea to run a 10K race 2 weeks before the marathon. Oh well, hopefully I am getting this cold/flu whatever it is out of my system so that I am ready to go for Philadelphia. I also read that for whatever reason, many runners get sick when they are at their fittest during training. Either way, being a teacher doesn't help! I have 3 paraprofessionals that work in my classroom and all 4 of us are sick. Its crazy that has never happened before. In my 3 years of teaching, we usually take turns being sick. Of course of teacher's convention, the nice 4 day weekend we look forward to, we all come down with something. Last year at this time I was in Orange County so I am also lucky I wasn't on some fabulous vacation when I came down with this! I am doing the best I can to get better...drinking lots of tea and juice. I am also lucky to have wonderful people that love me. D went to the store and brought back tylenol and a thermometer (we didn't have either of those things) and also 2 magazines, 2 movies, and some chicken soup. Later last night my parents came by with some homemade chicken soup. My mom also brought her stethoscope (she is so worried about the swine flu!)Fortunately I was all clear! Anyway, I am feeling a bit better today so I may show up at the 10K to cheer on my dad. I can't believe Philadelphia is just 2 short weeks away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment