Less than one week until my first marathon! I am very nervous but so excited! This time next week it will all be over. Hopefully I will be thinking about the next one and not swearing off running forever! Just kidding. I don't think that will happen. I hope to be one of those people that takes a few days off and gets back to it as soon as possible. I am actually hoping to make it to my fav class at the gym that Tuesday night because it will be canceled on Thursday for Thanksgiving. Speaking of Thanksgiving I have been so consumed with this marathon that I have a feeling it is going to sneak up on me! It already has so far. I am pretty lucky because after almost 4 years of dating my boyfriend, I finally agreed to Thanksgiving at his parents house. You see, the Philadelphia Marathon had to fall THE DAY AFTER his birthday. Of course. I don't think he's too upset about it (I hope) my family will be down for the weekend of course and luckily his family also decided to come! We all got rooms in the same hotel and on Saturday night we will all go to dinner together to celebrate the marathon and his birthday. The next day the families will probably go to breakfast and then catch my dad and me in the race. Since I basically planned his entire birthday weekend around the marathon I told him I would do Thanksgiving with his family. Its been almost 4 years of dating and we NEVER do holidays together (just birthdays) so now that we live together I figured it was time. Fortunately his wonderful family also invited MY family so we all get to spend Thanksgiving together! Lucky me. Hopefully :) My sister isn't thrilled so wish me luck with that :)
So my dad and I are trying to nail down this last week of training without doing too much. Saturday we ran 10 miles (pretty slowly) then Sunday I went to Pilates. My abs are still a bit sore but I couldn't resist. If I'm not running I like to be doing something. I know I need to slow down this week so the days we don't run I plan to be productive by food shopping, planning for Friday night's at home bday celebration with the boy. I'm thinking about making Lasagna half because he loves it but selfishly because I need carbs! Is that bad?
No comments:
Post a Comment