Friday, November 6, 2009
I PASSED!!
After months of studying (probably about 6 months) I took and passed the ACE group fitness instructor exam! I was sooo nervous because my background is in English and Education- I am not a science person at all. Everyone seemed pretty surprised when they saw my study materials and realized the content of the exam. I think aerobics instructors get a bad reputation as being "dumb" or "bimbos" but it is truly amazing the amount of information one needs to know to teach an exercise class. Lots of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics, etc. I was worried I wouldn't be able to pass! Additionally, it is expensive! The test itself is about $250 which isn't too bad, although the thought of throwing that money away to TAKE A TEST still boggles my mind, but at least I don't have to retake it. I think I completed the entire process as cheaply as possible because ACE has A LOT of study materials available. I mean A LOT. $400 worth of materials, maybe more. I knew I could not spend that amount of money to get certified so I bought the manual off of www.half.com for a grand total of...$18!! Granted, I did buy the 1st edition of the book, which freaked me out a bit but I studied (HARD) and it paid off...I passed! Now I just need someone to hire me! Not until after the marathon of course. Speaking of the marathon, I am about 2 weeks away from Philadelphia. Just started a slow taper last week but now I am sick! Of course. As a teacher I get sick quite often and I definitely would rather be sick now than for the race. Oh well, I am drinking lots of tea and trying to rest but it is so hard to sit still on my day off. I am supposed to run a 10K race on Sunday afternoon so I guess I'll see how I feel by then...Any suggestions??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment