
5 days. 5 days until my first marathon. I am nervous but also calm. Its that calm before the storm feeling. I have been trying to relax this week...sitting down more than usual, not doing too much cleaning or housework. Tonight I pulled out some of my old running books to reread the marathon relevant or most inspiring parts. One book, The Complete Book of Running for Women by Claire Kowalchik is so well loved some of the pages fell out in my hands. I have used it so many times as a reference for training, what to wear, what to eat, etc. Some of it is a bit basic for more seasoned runners but it has a lot of good tips and some inspirational stories. I bought my copy but you can also borrow one from many libraries. Flipping through, I forgot how much I enjoyed that book and so many others. I plan to do a post about must reads for runner in the future. This week, however, its all about PHILADELPHIA! 5 Days!
No comments:
Post a Comment