Monday, January 18, 2010

3 Day Weekend

Yay for Martin Luther King Day! Gotta love 3-day weekends :) Yesterday we celebrated my Mom's Birthday and had a great time! Dan and I went to my parents' house and then out to dinner with my parents, my sister (Christine), and her boyfriend. We went to a local restaurant called Martini's, a staple for birthday dinners or celebratory occasions in my family. After dinner we went back to my parents' house for dessert (carrot cake and coffee - yum!) Over dessert, we played a game (with the Jets game on in the background of course. We are all Giants fans, but since they clearly disappointed this season, we are throwing our support to the Jets!) Dan got my mom this game that we always play with his family, called Left, Right, Center. Its a great game, mainly because there is gambling involved! (JK but seriously it is more fun that way...) We each threw in 3 dollars and the winner takes the pot. Since there were 6 of us, the pot was $18 and my sister won, which was funny because she definitely needed the money the most! All in all it was a refreshingly fun night.
Here are some pics:



Mom and Daughters



Sisters and Boyfriends



Family <3 For my day off today, I spent it my favorite way...running and taking exercise classes at the gym! (Dan thinks I am thoroughly crazy for spending my day off this way but to each his own, right?) Since I have caught yet ANOTHER cold (more on this in a different post) and I am feeling under the weather, I decided to take it easy today, but I was NOT going to let it ruin my big day off plans! I decided to skip out on the 9 o'clock class at the gym to take my time waking up, clearing my stuffy head and eating a good breakfast. After breakfast I met my Mom at the gym for Fitness Pilates with Valerie. After Pilates I went for a short run with my Dad. He's sick with a cold too so we cut it short and hit up Starbucks :) Then I made a quick stop at Sports Authority. I have been thinking about purchasing a bathing suit to swim laps in at the gym. I'm thinking that if I had an appropriate suit I might actually give swimming a decent shot. Right now I have a ridiculous amount of string bikinis, but no actual athletic suit so I thought I would check it out. I found some cute ones but I'm not sure if I NEED to spend $50 on a bathing suit that I might not even use right now so I didn't get it, but maybe I will go back. I did, however, purchase an adorable gym bag! I have been needing one as this is what I have been using:

And while this bag works just fine, I wanted something cuter. So I bought this:



I absolutely love it! I'm about to go test it out...back to the gym for Athletic Yoga and Kickboxing!
Xoxo

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Looks like a great time. Happy Bday to your mom!

Lily's Health Pad said...

I can't think of a better way to spend a day off than attending group fitness classes at the gym!

I love the new pink gym bag!

CIP said...

Awww happy birthdya to your mom! Sounds like you had a fab weekend...I hope I see you tomorrow for Where In The World Wednesday?!