Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekend Recap!

Hello :)
I know this is a little late being that it is already Tuesday, but I had a busy weekend (and Monday, obviously since I didn't post) so I figured I would post it today.

After work on Friday, I had a Starbucks date with my friend, Vonelle and after I went out for a 5-miler with my Dad. After the run I went back to the apartment to shower and get ready because Dan was taking me to dinner! We rarely go out to a nice dinner just the two of us, and it was fun! He took me to Shogun, a hibachi restaurant not to far. I ordered the shrimp and scallop hibachi and a glass of red wine. We sat with a great group of people and we all ended up doing a sake bomb together after dinner because it was one of the woman's birthdays.

Saturday morning I drove to my parents house to do a 6-miler with my Dad. The run was great. It was a beautiful day, and the run felt great. With less than a mile to go, we had to stop at a traffic light. I looked down and saw this:



Yes, that is blood. The first thing I thought was MY SHOES!! I had been doing such a good job keeping them so nice and clean. My Dad was a bit more freaked out, but honestly it didn't hurt. I had no idea I was even bleeding until I looked down. Unfortunately it was a little late for my shoes...When we got back to the house I took off my sneaker to investigate. My sock looked even worse than the shoe (don't worry I didn't take a picture of that!) Turns out, I had the tiniest little cut on one of my toes that I guess a toenail made and kept digging into it. It was so tiny it took me awhile to find it. I could not believe it made so much blood. Fortunately, my foot is doing fine. I wish I could say the same for my shoe.

Saturday night we went to dinner with a friend of Dan's and his wife. We went to an amazing restaurant they chose called Bueno Sera in Redbank (NJ). It was soooo good but I probably won't get to go back anytime soon because it was a bit pricey.

Sunday morning I met my Mom for Pilates (one of my new fav classes...I am starting feel a difference in my core- a post on that soon!) After class, I went for a run (5 miles) then back to the apartment to EAT because I was starving! Of course I ate before Pilates, but I made a veggie omelet immediately when I got home.




Pardon my cooking skills...its not the prettiest omelet but it was delicious! It was a 2 egg omelet with spinach, mushrooms, olives, mozzarella cheese, and of course some hot sauce on top. And a green tea on the side.

Dan had gone to watch the Jets game with some friends so I spent a lot of Sunday writing. Then, Sunday evening, I went back to the gym to meet my Mom for Yoga and Meditation class. Neither one of us had taken this class before, and I almost didn't go, but I am soooo glad I did because it was amazing! Such a good class. It was so packed they were actually turning people away. Good thing we got there early! By the time I got out of class Dan was home so I picked up a pizza and headed back to relax with him.

I hope everyone's weeks are going well...

2 comments:

Lily's Health Pad said...

I've had a similar situation with blood on my shoes. I didn't feel any pain, but when I looked down at the heel of my shoe, it was bright red. I hate it when my shoes get dirty. :-(

EricaH said...

your a trooper i probably would have freaked out seeing all that blood