Yay for Giveaways! I won The Tale of a Southern Belle's Snuggie Giveaway! I've never won a giveaway before so I am super excited! And I am sure I will use my new snuggie allllll the time. Dan, however, is not so excited for some reason he is not into snuggies and stops me from buying one every time we see one out. He couldn't stop me this time though! HA! I will have to post a pic when it comes. I love her blog so you should check it out :)
As my first post of the new year, I wanted to list some goals and resolutions I have for myself in this upcoming year, even though I am sure you are all tired of reading about New Years and Resolutions and all that stuff :)
2010 Resolutions
~Drink more tea (and less coffee): I feel like I have caught every cold/flu that has come my way this year. As a teacher I get exposed to a lot of yucky stuff but I exercise (a lot- maybe too much??) and try to eat right so I have been trying very hard to replace some (not all) of my daily cups (yes cups) of coffee. I do love my coffee and of course Starbucks but I also know that tea does better things for your body so I want to work on increasing my tea intake. Another way I have been doing this is substituting tea for some of my nightly glasses of wine.
~Juice more (fruits and vegetables: About this time last year, my mom and I started juicing vegetables in her juicer. She read the book, Get Healthy Now and the Ultimate Anti-Aging Program both by Gary Null, an advocate for alternative medicine and natural healing and a huge proponent of juicing. We loved juicing but when I moved out it got pretty expensive and I also don't have a juicer. I occasionally go to a local juice store called the juice caboose but that also gets very expensive.
~Eat healthier: In 2010 I want to continue my quest to be a healthier person and hope to continue to eat less meat and sugar and more fruits and veggies. I want to focus on eating as fuel for my body and treat my body well.
~Be a nicer person (gossip less, be more helpful, think nice thoughts, etc.): This is one I am constantly trying to do. Not that I am not already a nice person because I think I am pretty nice but I want to also try to change my thoughts to be nicer and more positive. I used to be really nice until college when my friends were typical mean girls. I am constantly trying to reverse that. A New Earth is a great book to read about changing your thoughts and thinking outside yourself.
~Be less sensitive, worry less about what others think: This has always been a tough one for me. I have always been one to try to make others happy and care too much about what other people think. This is a tough one to change but I am trying! Running has always been helpful for me in working things like this out.
~Practice writing: Ever since I was little I always wanted to write. I started this blog a few months ago and kept it completely private. I have always been so afraid for people to read my writing. Finally I made the blog public but refused to let anyone I actually know read it. I have gotten (a little) better but still hope to improve confidence in my writing and gain more readers to this blog! I also want to enter more writing contests, mostly for practice.
~Save More $$: No words for this one. If anyone has any advice I am listening!
Fitness Goals for 2010
~Run another marathon: Ever since Philly I have been itching to do another one. If money was no object I would probably have a few lined up right now but I am going to have to be a bit more selective.
~Qualify for Boston: This one explains itself...Boston '11?
~Complete a sprint triathlon: I am a horrible swimmer, something I would like to improve, but I am so bad I am afraid to look stupid in the pool so I haven't gotten around to attempting it yet. Also, I don't actually own a one piece bathing suit, only string bikinis so I will probably have to invest in something that will not come undone in the pool. And besides maybe if I look the part no one will notice my terrible form.
~Attempt to ski and/or snowboard: I've never done either and Dan is a big snowboarder. Hopefully since I have legs the size of tree trunks I will be semi-successful at this one
~Improve race times: I am reading the Runner's World book, Run Less, Run Faster. I am not too far into it but it is supposed to improve speed and endurance by running 3 days a week and cross training for 2. Since the typical cross training workouts are swimming and biking this one may help me with my sprint tri goal.
~Teach a few group fitness classes a week: I recently got certified through ACE (American Council on Exercise) to teach Group Fitness! Its something I have always been interested in, and basically the sole reason I joined my gym. I also figure if I get hired to teach some classes I can save some money with the free membership! I have been hesitant to apply due to my lack of experience but hope to overcome that insecurity. Also, as a teacher, it would be a great way to make some extra cash in the summer!
~Get Certified as a Personal Trainer: In order to increase credibility and make myself more desirable to employers I also want to take the Personal Trainer exam.
So I guess that is all haha.
2 comments:
Those are all great goals! I'd like to become a group fitness instructor one day.
I also understand why you are leary of people you know reading your blog. I'm the same way!
Goals are awesome...I say you can never have enough!
1. I have a snuggie too!! Pink! Love it ha
2. Totally feel ya on the tea more than coffee, nicer, and sensitivity (maybe we can create some rewards system for each other and track it though out the year ha!)
3. For saving, try Mint.com. It's a budget organizer that is awesome and free!
Fitness wise I know you can do it!
Post a Comment