So, as I mentioned, Dan and I went to Mexico for a friend's wedding last week. We left on Wednesday morning and got back to the apartment late Sunday night (around 1ish). Of course we both had to work Monday morning but it was worth it. We flew into Cancun and then took a boat to a tiny island about 20 minutes away called Isla Mujeres. It was beautiful! The all inclusive resort we stayed in was called Privilege Aluxes. Dan was in the wedding (along with 9 other guys!)and it was a friend of his that he has known for about 20 years. Not only was the bridal party huge but there were a lot of guests for a destination wedding. There were almost 100 people there! We arrived at the resort on Wednesday at about 1 o'clock (their time) and were greeted by the bride and groom and champagne from the resort staff. The weather was in the 70s but it was a little windy, but compared to the freezing cold temps in NJ it felt like a sauna. The wedding wasn't until Friday and a bunch of the wedding guests/wedding party was already there so we got some lunch/drinks (yay for all inclusive!)We spent the rest of the day going back and forth between the beach and the pool. We just wanted to stay outside in the gorgeous weather!
Beautiful Sunsets
After the sun went down we headed back up to the room to shower and go to dinner. Turns out...almost no one made it to dinner! There were 6 of us there out of like 20! I guess open bar/all inclusive will do that to people, but not us! Dan and I were there :) We were exhausted from traveling (and our 4am wake up!) so after dinner we went to bed (at 9:30) but at least we lasted longer than the others :)
Thursday was the day before the wedding, so we laid out in the sun for most of the day (it was another beautiful one). There was no rehearsal but they did have a rehearsal dinner.
The groom
Friday was wedding day and the weather was the most beautiful day so far. The groom wanted to get all the boys together to play baseball the morning before the wedding so the ladies and I laid out on the beach until they returned.
When they got back we had a quick lunch on the beach and then had to shower up for the 3 o'clock wedding. The beach was set up beautifully.
Handsome Groomsmen
Lovely Ladies
The ceremony was very different from what am I am used to and the weddings I have been going to but it was nice. The bride is originally from Mexico so the ceremony was in both English and Spanish and it was nice to experience the Mexican culture. There were some strange things, like, after the minister pronounced them man and wife and they kissed...
everything stopped so they could sign some forms at the altar and then everyone walked back down the aisle. Very different. After the ceremony, cocktail hour started immediately but the girlfriends/wives and I
Then we headed to the cocktail hour and took some more pics:
After cocktail hour we had a wonderful dinner and then headed back out to the beach for dancing!
Cutting the cake:
Then we danced for hours and hours. The wedding was literally 10 hours long. It lasted from 3 until 1 am. I danced for at least 3 hours! I danced so much I was sore the next day and I counted the dancing as my workout for the day, because it seriously was. Often at weddings people may drink a lot (not that I have ever done that before :) but at this wedding I was too busy dancing to even drink! I had a few drinks and the cocktail hour and some wine with dinner and then burnt it all off! So fun!
The next day it rained. Did I write rain? I should have said monsooned. Oh and it was windyyy. Like hurricane winds. So much that a palm tree fell over! So we slept in and I sat on the balcony with a few necessary items:
When Dan woke up we got breakfast and then massages! So nice. Then we showered, napped, and got ready for dinner. We went to the Thai restaurant in the resort. It was my first time trying Thai and I loved it! After dinner we all went to bed because we were pretty tired from the wedding.
Sunday was our last day. The rain stopped but it was pretty cold so I finally hit the gym!(I promised my Dad I would not run alone in Mexico) It was a very small gym but I used the treadmill for 45 minutes. I'm not exactly sure how far I went because the treadmill was in kilometers but it was somewhere around 5 miles. I hate the treadmill and don't know how some people are able to do 20 miles on them because I struggled with 45 minutes! After the gym I went back to the room and had some time before we had to get ready to go to the airport so I decided to take a bubble bath in our outdoor hot tub! I hadn't take a bubble bath in yearsss and was so excited. I wore a bathing suit of course :)
Pre-bubbles
Uh-oh...maybe I shouldn't have poured the whole bottle of bubbles in...
Ahhh content :)
3 comments:
What a vacation! I want to go to a destination wedding!!!
looks like you had so much fun!! i love mexico... ahh i need a beach vacation NOW!
That's awesome! Yeah Jersey is freezing so annoying! It's gotten warmer this week but someone just said snow/sleet this weekend? Ruined my day.
Post a Comment