Friday, September 10, 2010

The Countdown is On…1 Month ‘til Steamtown!

Today is exactly one month out from the Steamtown Marathon. I feel good about my training so far. I have run 3 20-mile long runs, with one more to go. I have completed numerous track workouts, tempo runs, and various other long runs. I have run tune up races and have improved my speed.

Yesterday, on my day off, I picked up a new pair of Mizunos.

DSC00117

DSC00118

Aren’t they beautiful? Love this color.

These will be my Steamtown Marathon shoes.

The more I stray from my training schedule or mix it up, the less I update weekly so I have missed a few weeks but here is what has been going on:

Marathon Training Week 11
Sunday
: 4 Mile Race
Monday: 20-Miler + Athletic Yoga
Tuesday: Athletic Yoga (w/ lots of Chaturungas!)
Wednesday: 4-Mile Recovery Run + Drills & Weights
Thursday: FIT
Friday: 13-Mile Trail Run
Saturday: REST

Marathon Training Week 12
Sunday: 10K Race
Monday: Recovery Run
Tuesday: Reformer Pilates
Wednesday: Track
Thursday: Mat Pilates + Hills
Friday: REST
Saturday: Rock n’ Run 5K

One more week and then taper begins!!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yay for new shoes, I LOVE my mizunos!

I can't believe its getting so close, only 1 more long run, that is so exciting! I think you have done a great job training and are ready!

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

Love your new shoes!!! Your workout routine makes me look lazy, haha...you are SO dedicated, I love it!

NY Wolve said...

Cool new shoes! Better get to work breaking them in.

Runners Fuel said...

Friday is my rest day, too. I loev new kicks!

Robyn said...

Ooh so pretty and waiting for you to kick butt in them!

Running and living said...

Just catching up now, congrats on the last race, awesome! You are ready to smash Steamtown. Just taper well!