Another win :) 3 weeks of wins in a row…of all different distances.
Fall Classic 4-Miler
Crossroads of Woodbridge 10K
Rock N’ Run 5K
Official Stats:
3.1 miles
20:27 minutes
6:33 average pace
19th overall finisher (men & women)
1/246 women
1/42 age group
Garmin Stats:
3.13 miles
20:31 minutes
6:34 average pace
Splits:
Mile 1~ 6:12
Mile 2~ 6:36
Mile 3~ 6:59
Mile 3.1~ 5:39
Race Report:
This race is very important to me because 2 years ago, in its inaugural running, this was the first race that I had ever won. It is the race that got me serious about running and racing. I thought, if I could win this race without seriously training, what could I do if I put my mind to it. Since then, I have improved drastically, and have learned a lot about how to train better and become a better runner. I like to do this race every year as a reminder of its significance, and this year, to take back my title.
Rock N’ Run History
2008- 20:36 1st place female (different course)
2009 20:42 2nd place female
2010- 20:31 1st place female
Last year, the course was changed to an old golf course. The route is mostly flat, however, deceivingly difficult because of all the twists and turns. We literally ran on the golf cart path.
So many turns!
I made a couple of mistakes during this race. It certainly wasn’t the best race I have ever run. I went out too fast, and got a cramp in the second mile. I knew a woman was gaining on me, especially when I slowed down to almost a 7 minute mile. She actually passed me a little before mile 3. I had given up. Since the race was mostly on the golf course, my dad could see me most of the time. He was yelling that she was gaining on me and to pick up the pace, but I had given up. I was exhausted from racing the past 3 weekends. The previous week I had completed a difficult track workout and a hill workout 2 days before. My muscles were fatigued and I was mentally exhausted from not letting anyone pass me. I was done. I let her pass and basically gave up the win. Until my watch clicked to 3 miles. As soon as I hit 3 miles, I looked up and saw the final stretch. I heard the crowd cheering and knew I couldn’t give up. I put my head back down and gave it all i had. I passed the woman, and continued pushing until I crossed that finish line. People were screaming and cheering (probably because I was booking it at 5:39/mile.) I crossed the finish and took back my title. I ended up beating her by about 15 seconds.
I grabbed some water for my dad and me and went back to watch him finish. I saw the woman who passed me and shook her hand. She congratulated me and said I had a nice kick at the end. I was happy we could have a friendly rivalry. I saw my dad finish. he took a minute off of his time from last year!
I am definitely happy I won 3 in a row, but it is time to get serious. There are 4 weeks until the marathon. In 2 weeks I have a tune up half marathon scheduled. No more short races. I need to focus on the taper and recovery.
Pictures:
Look at how blue the sky is! This picture is not edited at all!
Love the plaque…
Coop was happy his mommy won!
He kept rolling around in it…
Mine.
Seriously, Coop?
Finally got it!
Love the back of the shirt…
This morning I woke up for a 5 mile recovery run and then went to mat pilates. As my mom and I were leaving the gym, one of the guys that works there stopped me and said he saw me at the 5k yesterday. I said, “Oh, you ran too?” He said, “Yes. You beat me. I watched you run right past me!” :)
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Go Giants!
10 comments:
sweet shirt! And congrats on another fabulous race!
Congrats on your win! You're totally inspiring me....I'm so motivated to get back to running after my ankle heals. :)
Way to go--you are set up for a fantastic marathon coming up!
Congrats! Haha, cute pics of your dog.
I just started reading your blog a couple of weeks ago and wanted to say congrats on winning the Rock N Run 5k! I also ran in that race (time was way behind yours at 27min), but my boyfriend must have finished near you since he said he came in right after the first female finisher!! Kinda cool... it's a small world!
No way, that is crazy! Very small world...and thank you :)
Great race, and another awesome win! I LOVE all the puppy pictures, your little guy is so cute!
What an awesome win!! Congrats!
haha.... what a great job! Way to not give up in the end!! I love the plaque and shirt!! GREAT RUNNING!! :D
You are a winning machine!!! Congrats!
Post a Comment