Yesterday morning I woke up at 4:45am to take care of my pup and hit the track. I literally look forward to these workouts. I popped out of bed, quickly got ready and got on the road. I was even early to meet my dad. It was so dark and foggy at 6am! So hard to see…I don’t know what I am going to do in the winter! I will miss these am track workouts.
The Workout: 10 x 400 @ 1:35
Which I modified to 2 x (5 x 400) jogging in between each 400 with 1 walking break in between sets. It looked like this:
1.2 mile warm up
Splits: (Pace)
1:31 (6:01)
1:28 (5:57)
1:28 (5:50)
1:30 (6:01)
1:25 (5:36)
Walk & Water
1:29 (5:51)
1:29 (5:55)
1:29 (5:52)
1:25 (5:37)
1:27 (5:46)
Cooldown
This afternoon we are going to attempt a tempo run. The tempo part is marathon pace (8:00) so it shouldn’t be a problem for the legs. I want to be completely recovered for the weekend long run (last 20-miler!) Sunday starts the taper!
8 comments:
Those are some speedy splits! And I must tell you that with those numbers, I think you're going to whiz right past 3:30 for your marathon!!
Great track workout, you are so awesome! I can't believe your taper starts on Sunday, that means its all getting so close!!!!
You look forward to getting up at 4:45AM to do these killer workouts....you are officially my hero.
I hate getting up in the morning! Awesome splits!
Nice job. My plan no longer has me do track! I miss it and can't wait to go back!
Yowza, I've never looked forward to 4:45 a.m.!
Great track workout! Is it bad to admit that I'm jealous that you're getting ready to taper! I want my taper to be here so bad!! :)
Can't wait to hear about the 20 miler.
If you haven't seen it, you might want to check out SportTracks to track your Garmin data. I find it much more useful. And 4:45? Hard core!
Post a Comment