The Workout: 1 mile warm up, 7 miles @ 8:00
Stats
7.28 miles
57:24 minutes
7:52 average pace
6:27 best pace
Splits
Mile 1~8:18
Mile 2~8:21
Mile 3~7:43
Mile 4~7:47
Mile 5~7:48
Mile 6~7:27
Mile 7~7:46
Mile 7.28~8:25
It was a great run! It was one of those runs that feel effortless but you are completely exhausted afterwards. I couldn’t believe how good I felt, but after dinner I crashed on the couch and was in bed by nine.
I love it when I get good mail! Usually my mail is boring or annoying (bills!) but today my mail was fabulous. Among the more interesting pieces were the new issue of SELF and a check for $50 from a race I ran in June!
I wanted to run after work today but the forecast called for some nasty thunderstorms, so I went home instead. I made some juice:
Look at all those antioxidants!
In this juice: 1 beet, 4 carrots, 1 granny smith apple, 2 stalks rainbow swiss chard, kale, and ginger. According to this month’s Women’s Health, ginger root “reduces exercise-related muscle pain by 25%.” Perfect. Coop hates when I juice. He barks the whole time. Also when I vacuum, which, I guess is why it doesn’t happen as often as it should!
One more run until taper starts, and one more day until the weekend!
3 comments:
The juice looks awesome! I need to make some beet juice, it's been a while!
That's too funny. Link (my cat) has a love hate relationship with the juicer. He is mesmerized by it, and he slowly approaches to check it out. But then he gets scared and runs away. Of course, he hates the vaccuum too! He simply sees the thing and he hides under the bed.
That juice looks great! Is it possible to make it as a smoothie (i.e. using a regular blender), or would I have to get a juicer? Also, do you cook the beets first or use them raw?
Post a Comment