Monday, September 20, 2010

Steamtown Training Week 13 and a Look at the Taper!

Marathon Training: Week 13
Sunday: Recovery Run + Mat Pilates
Monday: REST
Tuesday: 10 x 400s (Track)
Wednesday: 7 Mile Tempo Run
Thursday: REST
Friday: REST
Saturday: 20-miles

Total Miles: 38

Lots of rest this week apparently! Oops. I wanted to make it to the gym more, but they are doing construction close to my gym and the traffic after work has be horrendous! Hopefully this week will be better.

Week 14: Taper week 1

Marathon Training week 14

This week is the official start of the taper, and I like that it doesn’t look all that different from the rest of my schedule. The long run is certainly shorter, however, my dad and I will be running a half marathon, so it will be a little more intense. I don’t plan on going too crazy, as we are only a few weeks out from the marathon. The half should be give us a good sense of where we are at with our training as well as give us a chance to practice some race day techniques such as drinking water, eating a goo, what to eat for breakfast, etc. I am also looking forward to the 800s. Last  year, in preparation for Philly, I did 800s almost every week! I read about Yasso 800s and how they are a good marathon predictor, so I can’t wait to see how this workout feels.

Yesterday, while resting up from the busy weekend, I picked up a new book. Running related of course.

Born TO Run Image

Has anyone read it? I really should be studying for the personal trainer test, but I couldn’t resist! I read 8 chapters last night and can’t wait to pick it up again today! Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Runners Fuel said...

I've been wanting to read that book!

misszippy said...

You won't put the book down...and it will leave you wanting to try some barefooting to boot!

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

I heard born to run was a great book..I am sure it's right up your alley!!!

All Things Jaime said...

I don't want to jump on the barefoot running bandwagon so I've not read the book ... but, I have only heard great things about the book!

Happy taper! So jealous that you're tapering now!

Amber said...

I'm reading that book! Isn't it great?! I got a little sidetracked from it when Girl with the Dragon Tattoo took over my attention but I'm going to start reading it again tonight. I'm pretty close to the end!

The Undomestic Mom said...

I think you have officially inspired me to start running again :)