Monday, September 27, 2010

Busy Weekend and NYC Marathon Anybody?

I thought with autumn’s arrival, the craziness of summer would be slowing down…boy was I wrong! This was a busy weekend! Apparently everybody I know was born in September because many birthday parties were happening this weekend! Friday night, Dan and I met his parents and brother for his brother’s dinner and birthday cake. After dinner, we quickly left to attend another birthday party for a combined group of Dan’s friends.

DSC00216

The ladies and me :)

It was a fun night, but a late one! The next day, I went to a craft fair, hosted by Liz, the girl in the green, at her parent’s farm. They own an Alpaca farm, yes, in Central Jersey. I had to take a pic:

DSC00221

Love the poof…a true Jersey Girl :)

We headed back to our apartment Saturday afternoon so I could make it to my race the next day. On the way back, we had to stop to snap this pic:

DSC00223

For this guy:

DSC00224

who fell asleep on the way home.

So did I. Apparently it takes me a lot longer to recover from a 3am night than it used to!

Anyone interested in running the New York City Marathon this November? I was contacted by someone from the Fresh Air Fund, a charity which benefits inner city children. From the website:

Since 1877, The Fresh Air Fund has been giving inner-city children the joy of a summer vacation with volunteer host families and at Fund camps, creating unforgettable memories and fresh possibilities.

They ask that charity runners raise $2,500, which I think is the lowest the NYC Marathon will allow, and is definitely lower than many other organizations require. I spoke with a woman named Sara, however, and she suggested that if a group of 3 runners want to get together to run, they would only have to raise $1,000 each. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions, or check out their website.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Aww look at your pups tail! He looks like a little fox :-)

All Things Jaime said...

First off, great job on your half marathon! That is so crazy!! You are getting so fast, Keri.

NYC is my favorite marathon!! :) I had the absolute best time there last year. I wish this post was about two months ago and didn't fall the week after my marathon!! If so, I would totally have been in!

If you have the chance, you should run it. It's so amazing!!

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

You are amazing with the marathons!!

Looks like you had a great time with friends....your pup is quite adorable!

Anonymous said...

love how the dog is resting his head in the car. so cute.