Thursday, December 17, 2009

Busy Week

This time of year is so busy! I can't believe it is almost Christmas. I feel like I have been going nonstop this week. Last night Dan and I went with a bunch of friends to the Nets game. Of course they lost, but I had never been to a (professional) basketball game so it was fun. My friend Carly is a Kindergarten teacher and a girl she teaches with is Nets dancer. So Carly sent me a picture and I basically spent most of the game trying to figure out which one she was. Go Marla! Here are some pictures from the game:







I know, the pics didn't come out so great...

Anyway, today was a good mail day for me. In addition to the new issues of Women's Health and Self (both in the same day, love it!)AND a Christmas package from Dan's aunt, I received a letter from USATF in the mail confirming my 2nd place age group finish for the year! Considering this was the first year I ran in the USATF-NJ Long Distance Running Grand Prix I am very happy with my finish! To be honest I didnt' even know about the contest and whole points system until about May or June of this year. And the $125 they will be sending my way is an added bonus- and trust me, I can use the money. That is definitely the most amount of money I have earned racing so far. There is an awards banquet in January, which to be honest I am unsure if I am going to go or not. At first I was really excited to go, and I hope to be able to, but it would be a little pricey for me and my family to go. Its something I will have to think about. Either way, I will be getting that plaque and I look forward to hopefully kicking butt in the competition next year!

I still haven't run at all this week. We are taking a FULL week off just like we SHOULD have done after the marathon and will hopefully be back to it on Monday. Today I made it to the gym for FIT class with my favorite instructor, Tiffany. This weekend Dan and I will be going to Lake George (NY) with his family which should be fun.
Happy (almost) Weekend!

No comments: