Saturday, December 26, 2009

Post-Holiday Recovery


Hello! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Dan and I spent Christmas Eve at my parents' for the traditional Italian seafood dinner and went to 'midnight' mass (it started at 10:30 and ended at midnight, does that count?) After church we took the long way home and drove by all our favorite lit up houses and streets. I wish I had my camera because they were beautiful but I left it at my apartment :( Christmas morning I woke up early and went back to my parents' for breakfast and gifts. I got some wonderful gifts. After presents my parents and I went to Starbucks and then to a nearby town where we used to go see Santa as kids. The green is all decorated with a nativity scene and train, etc. It is a Christmas tradition. By that time I had to go back to my place to get ready to head down to Dan's for Christmas dinner. There were 18 or 20 people at his parents' house so it was fun but a bit overwhelming. His family always spoils us which is nice but sometimes I feel awkward about accepting so many gifts when I can only give little ones, you know? I guess its the thought that counts, right? I enjoyed myself but I am a bit relieved that all the excitement is over. For a few days at least :) Being a teacher, I have off until January 4 which is exciting. I spent today recovering from the holidays and planning how I am going to spend my week off. I plan to get back into running regularly (between Christmas, the weather, and recovering from races I have not been running as much as I would like) and getting to the gym consistently. Tomorrow, I plan to wake up early (7ish) eat breakfast, drink coffee and drive over to my parents' house to run with my Dad. We hope to do 6 miles. After the run I will meet my mom at the gym for Fitness Pilates with Emily, one of our favorite instructors. This week I am bringing one of my best friends, Arielle with my to the gym for a day of fitness and leisure. We will take some of the classes, use the hot tub, sauna, eat at the cafe and maybe hit up the spa there :)(yes this gym is completely out of my price range and yes I continue to pay a ridiculous amount every month but it is totally worth it)So hopefully this week off will be relaxing and productive. For now, I am drinking tea and wine and eating way too many left over desserts. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: