I had a very fun and productive weekend considering I couldn't run or make it to the gym. On Friday night Dan and I went to see The Blind Side. If you haven't seen it, you have to! I am not a big movie person. In fact, I rarely see anything. I haven't even seen New Moon yet and I read all the books. I would just rather read. Or watch tv. I don't have the attention span for some of these loooong and drawn out movies but the Blind Side was SO GOOD I would see it again! Early Saturday morning my mom and I went to the mall to beat the crowds and get some Christmas shopping done. Not so successful on the Christmas shopping but we were very successful in shopping for us! Oops. We got some GREAT deals at the limited (everything was 40% off!). I got a sweater and the cutest scarf:

After shopping for a bit the mall got crowded so we left and I picked up Dan to run some errands with me. Awhile back I won an essay contest about teaching. First prize was $500 to staples. I had to buy supplies for my classroom (and no computers, printers, or software) so I took Dan with me. We had fun throwing things into our cart and made it into a little game, betting on how much merchandise we had in our cart. Turns out we had to do a round 2 because our first checkout only came to $365. (I won the bet and now he owes me $5)We ended up spending a total of $498.94. Not bad!
Saturday night we were supposed to go to dinner with some friends but they had to cancel because my friend, Ashley thought she had the swine flu...thank God she didn't, just a bug which I am grateful she didn't pass along to me :) So instead we stayed in, cooked, made some hot cocoa, played Christmas music and filled out all our Christmas cards. Lame, I know, I'm only 25 but it was the perfect winter night. The snow was the icing on the cake.
Drinking hot cocoa on the deck...
Staying warm in my new scarf and sweater :)
On Sunday we got our first tree! Real of course...That afternoon we did some more shopping and then went to our friends' house to watch the game. My friend Carly and I were able to catch up while Dan cheered for the Giants and Kenny for the Cowboys. All in all a fun weekend and the Giants WON!
No comments:
Post a Comment