So I don't blog about this very much, but during the day I am a teacher. I teach special ed in a school mainly for kids with autism. I currently have 5 kids and they are all middle school boys. Many of them come from lower income areas (my school pulls kids out of there home schools and transports them to us) and one of my students was sad the other day because he wasn't having a Christmas tree this year. He lives with his grandmother in an apartment and she would have trouble getting the tree up the stairs. My staff and I decided to have the kids decorate a Christmas tree for the classroom and they loved it! I was also lucky enough to win an essay contest and received a $500 gift card from staples so a few weeks ago I went out and loaded up on gifts for the kids. The Wednesday before Christmas (the last day of school) we will put all the gifts under the tree! There are no lights on it because apparently they are a fire hazard...Here are some pics from the decorating:



On a running related note, I haven't run since the race and skipped out on the gym yesterday for my Dad's birthday. I'm hoping to make it to FIT class tomorrow at www.lifetimefitness.com and may even squeeze in a short 3-miler because I miss it so much. I'm trying to fully recover so I can really rock it next year but we will see.
One more week of work until break! Happy Shopping!
1 comment:
how much fun is that!!!
Post a Comment