Friday, December 4, 2009

Officially Injured :(

I'm officially injured. I think. At first I just thought I was extra sore from a tough FIT class at the gym but now my right leg is feeling better but my left still hurts. I know its my fault for not taking it easy enough after the marathon. The race was the Sunday before Thanksgiving and I didn't run until that Friday. And then Sat. And Sunday. Oops. My dad warned me not to overdo it so we took off Monday and Tuesday but I was feeling good so on Tuesday I went to the gym to take the class I love after not having gone for 2 whole weeks. I forgot how hard the class was! I even brought down the weights I normally use and I still struggled to get through it. There was no moment when something felt pulled or injured though. I just knew I was going to be sore the next day and I was. But of course I had to do a mini hill workout to get in shape for the USATF-NJ 10-Mile Championship run next weekend...ughh I need to get better so I can run it. Please! Its the last race of the year I swear! Anyway, the next day I was still really sore so I skipped the gym and the run and today my left quad still really hurts. It mostly hurts to walk down stairs or when I get up from sitting or laying down so I have been icing it and taking advil. I am trying to be good and rest but it is so hard! This weekend I will be pretty busy so hopefully that will take my mind off of not running. Tonight Dan and I are seeing the movie The Blindside and tomorrow we are getting our tree and Christmas shopping. Tomorrow evening we are meeting some friends for dinner and Sunday we are going to a friend's house to watch football. Happy its the weekend but not happy I can't run :(

No comments: