Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bikini Bootcamp is Back!

Sorry for disappearing for a few days! When the weather gets nice, things seem to get crazy! Here's what my week looked in fitness:

Sunday: 5 Mile Race
Monday: Bikini Bootcamp (see below)
Tuesday: Pilates (Reformer)
Wednesday: 3.5 miles
Thursday: 5.19 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 10k Race

Total Miles: (approx.) 20

It has been a busy couple of weeks with 4 races in the past 3 weeks. Since I raced on Sunday and will be racing again on Saturday I tried to keep this week low key. After Saturday's 10k I don't have another race for 2 weeks so I hope to get a long run and some speed work in.

On Monday I did my first Bikini Bootcamp workout since I joined my gym. I will do a review on this book soon because it is seriously amazing. It is basically a variety of circuits with 2 minutes of cardio (jump rope) in between exercises. The book also gives core routine workouts, sun salutations, diet and beauty tips. I read mine so much it is falling apart!




Also, Kara Goucher fans:
Kara has a blog she writes about once a week. You can read it at: http://karagoucher.competitor.com/
Check it out!

4 comments:

The Undomestic Mom said...

Oh I need Bikini Bootcamp bad!!!

Elle said...

ooohhh bikini boot camp... what a great name!

Thanks for the tip about Kara Gouchers blog!

It's gotten so hot here already, it makes me sad... it was 90 yesterday at 7:00Pm when I started my run... I'm already longing for the days of 65 degree temperatures and much easier cooler runs~!

Anonymous said...

Bikini Bootcamp sounds amazing!

Marathonman101108 said...

What comment can I possibly make about "Bikini BootcamP since I'm a guy?! I won't touch that one!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.