Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our House 5 Miler Race Recap


Our House 5 Miler
May 2, 2010
USATF-NJ Championship Race




Official Time: 35:36
Average Pace: 7:07
Best Pace: 5:16
In a Word: HOTTT

Stats:
67 Overall
11/150 Females
3rd place age group

Weather:
85 degrees at start and humid.

Splits:
Mile 1~ 6:26
Mile 2~ 6:58
Mile 3~ 7:20
Mile 4~ 7:22
Mile 5~ 7:28

Race Recap
This race was not fun...and I love races. I had fun after the race, but during it I wanted to quit basically the whole time. For starters, the race started at 1pm. The temps were already mid 80s and someone said it got up to 90 degrees at some point during the race. Fortunately, this race was a short one, and was over pretty quickly. The course is pretty and residential and mostly downhill. Of course with all the down hills you eventually have to come back up, which we did. Mile 4-4.6 was back uphill and then it was flat until the finish.

The race had a fun atmosphere. There was a dj and a ton of booths giving stuff away. It was sponsored by a few local restaurants so there was a mini picnic after the race with wraps, fruits, salads, etc. Of course after I ran the race I couldn't stand to look at food and by the time I was ready to eat it was all gone. I did manage to shove down a banana and some sports drink, however. We hung around after the race for the awards ceremony.

While we were waiting we took some pics...



Dad's Stats:
5.0 Miles
40:29
8:05 Average Pace
141 Overall
110/257 Males
14/35 Age Group


Someone brought a goat...I don't know where you live, but in New Jersey, this is weird!

The loot:

They gave out Keri lotion!


3 comments:

misszippy said...

Great job on such a tough day!

All Things Jaime said...

35:36 -that is awesome for a 5 miler! Way to push through the heat. Trust me, I know it's not easy!

Marathonman101108 said...

Great job! The weather was hot, and your 3rd place finish was even HOTTER! Congrats! Looks like your Dad did well too. Us "old" folks can still run pretty well. It looks like you got a good stash of goodies too.