Thursday, May 13, 2010

Springtime Craziness

I have been having a busy week, both professionally and personally. Here is what has been going on workout-wise. No race this weekend for the fist time in a month. I like racing but it is a good opportunity to get a long run in.
Have a good Thursday!

Weekly Workout

Sunday: Mat Pilates
Monday: Yasso 800s (see below)
Tuesday: Reformer Pilates
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Speedwork and FIT
Friday: ??
Saturday: Long Run (Projected: 15 miles)


Yasso 800s
5.16 Miles
40:02
7:45 Average Pace

The Workout: 4- 800s at a 6 min/mile pace with a 400 meter RI.
Taken from Run Less, Run Faster

1.5 Mile Warm-up
Split 1~ 5:53 pace (2:58)
RI~ 8:17 pace (2:01)
Split 2~ 6:17 pace (3:09)
RI~ 9:17 pace (2:20)
Split 3~ 6:00 pace (2:59)
RI~ 9:00 pace (2:15)
Split 4~ 6:27 (3:14)
Cool Down

2 comments:

Maggs said...

Enjoy the race free weekend!

All Things Jaime said...

I love yassoing! It's one of my favorite workouts. About three weeks before NYC, I ran all ten of them. I think I averaged 3:32 though ... so a lot slower than you! Great job on those splits. I always have trouble running the 400 recovery as slow as it is supposed to be run!

Enjoy your weekend!