Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Need Your Help!

Help! With 5 days to go until the big day, I feel as though I am coming down with a bit of acold! I was hoping the symptoms were simply allergies because the past few nights Dan and I have been sleeping with tissues on our nightstands, but now my throat is getting scratchy :( My dad has been feeling under the weather too!

I have been trying very hard to fight it by:

~Juicing Veggies
~Taking Vitamins
~Lots of Green Tea!
~REST!
~Chia Seeds
~Yogurt (probiotics!)
~Eating Right

So, I need your help. What are some of your tips to fight colds or to prevent them in the first place? I’d like to think my immune system is pretty strong but for some unknown and crazy reason, in 4 out of the 5 half marathons I have run, I caught a cold in the days following the race. It also doesn’t help that I work at a school and my kids always have runny noses! Jaime told me about ViraBloc Lozenges from GNC which I plan to pick up after work.

What are your favorite get well tips?

Right now I’m off to the gym and sit in the steam room!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of HOT fluids (tea! green and peppermint are my fav's)

rest rest rest

I am a big believer in the whole vitamin C theory~

A couple friends swear by Zicam (and OTC zinc supplement found on the cold/flu section)

I hope you are feeling better very soon! Best wishes for a great race!

Stephanie said...

Rest, lots of fruits and veggies, hot liquids,rest, and more rest.

I have found every year when the climate change finally hits, it gives me a cold for a few days jut because it goes from being hot and damp to cool and dry. Hopefully you will get fully adjusted by the weekend and be feeling 100% better!

All Things Jaime said...

Did you pick them up? Did the steam room help? Oh, I hope so!

Anonymous said...

For me it is an Airborne coctail and always Green Tea.

Hope you feel better soon!

misszippy said...

I drink wellness tea with echinacea (sp?) and also do Coldeez zinc tablets. I swear by them.

Rest up, drink your fluids, and skip a day or two of running (won't hurt your marathon, the work is done!). I hope you keep it at bay!

Runners Fuel said...

LOTS of fluids and sleep!! Get well soon!!

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

oh no!! I hope you do not get sick!! I recommend LOTS of rest/sleep and water and I enjoy hot tea with honey although I dont know if it actually makes the cold go away... get better!!

Unknown said...

oh no! Fingers crossed you get over this on a day or two!

In our household we take airborne (or the store brand equivalent), echinacea, and ester-c. We have used zicam as well..husband likes it better than I do.

Robyn said...

Not sure if it works, but I'm a fan of Emergen-C. I take it when I feel I'm getting sick.