Yesterday was a busy, but productive day. My dad and I completed our last long run of marathon training.
Stats:
10.44 miles
1:33:12
8:56 pace
7:18 best pace
Splits:
Unfortunately, this run will also be my last before Steamtown. About halfway through the run my left knee began to hurt. I could tell I was not fully recovered from the previous weekend’s half marathon. I finished the run, mainly because we were 5 miles from home, and vowed not to run again until race day.
After the run, I rested up at the salon while getting my hair done :)
Highlights!
The highlights took forever and by the time I got home, Dan and Coop were restless.
We grabbed some sandwiches and took Coop on picnic/hike.
We thought a nice long walk would tire Coop out, but it didn’t! Later we met some friends for dinner and drinks.
And then called it a night. Unfortunately, when I woke up this morning, my knee was hurting before I even got out of bed…and it was swollen. I managed to make it to a mat pilates class, and the instructor was very helpful in making modifications for my knee. I have been spending the rest of the day practicing the RICE technique (rest, ice, compression, and elevation).
Plus a little love!
I am under strict orders from my dad not to attend any Pilates, yoga, or other form of exercise classes until after the marathon. I plan to stay off my feet as much as possible and am even taking the elevator in my building! I NEVER take the elevator, but I live on the 3rd floor and it mostly hurts going down the stairs. I really hope I didn’t make a horrible mistake racing the Newport Half, but I also think I have enough time to fully recover by Sunday. As long as I stay smart…7 days to go!
5 comments:
Sorry about the knee, it will get better. Sounds like an overuse injury to me. And don't even think that the half was a mistake, you got a huge PR, so whatever happens with the knee, be proud of the half!
awww cooper is such a cutie! I'm a dog lover too =)
Rest up girl, you will be good to go for next weekend! Keep up the RICE-ing and it will all be good. I love the puppy pictures, he is SO cute!!!
Hope the knee feels better soon!
If I were you, I wouldn't run again this week! ICE ICE ICE!!! Oh my! Keep us posted! We all are cheering for you to have a great race!
Post a Comment