Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What’s Next?

2010:

I was hoping to recover from Steamtown a bit more quickly than I have been, but that’s okay. The marathon was early enough in the season that I hope to get a few more races in before the end of the year. These are the race I am considering…nothing is definite, it all depends on how my body is recovering.

10/14: Giralda Farms 10K
10/21: Saddle River 15K (Dan’s birthday)
10/25: Ashenfelter 8K Classic (Thanksgiving)
12/12: USATF-NJ Grand Finale 10 Miler

I probably won’t do all of these races, these are just the ones I have narrowed it down to. We all know how I love to race, but I think the racing is why I have this knee problem, so I am *trying* to take it easy on the races for the remainder of the year. I do need to complete at least either the 15K or 10-Miler to complete my race series.

2011: Boston & New York

2011 looks like it is going to be the year of the marathons…and pretty  notorious marathons at that. I have not run 2 marathons in the same year yet, so it will be interesting how my body adapts.

Boston
I haven’t talked much about this because my time has not been verified yet, but I was able to reserve a spot for the 2011 Boston Marathon. I wanted to wait until it was official to make travel plans, reserve hotel rooms, etc. but as I was doing my research I noticed that many of the hotels were filling up. In fact, when I finally called to book the room, there were not many options available. If something goes wrong with the verification process, I will cancel the rooms, but hopefully that will not be the case.

New York
After 3 years of applying and being rejected (I maintain that being from NJ has something to do with this…local residents rarely get in off of the lottery) next year will be the 4th year of applying and therefore, cannot be refused. Of course just to be sure, I was finally able to qualify and earn my spot, so next year it is New York!

DSC00405

6 comments:

misszippy said...

I'd consider Steamtown plus Boston two in one year also (at least that's how I do it!). I'd try to take it easy for the rest of 2010 to give your body and mind a break between marathon efforts. Just my 2 cents!

Runners Fuel said...

You'll have a busy 2011!

mmmonyka said...

Sounds like a plan!

All Things Jaime said...

NYC is my favorite marathon so far! You'll love it. I got in first try with the lottery, but then got rejected this year. I'm hoping to eventually get down to that half time ... but if not, I'll be taking my lottery chances again!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I hope Boston works out for you! It would be so fun to do a blogger meet up! That is awesome about New York, I am jealous! I love the new goals you have..... You can do it!!! Darn knee problems!!! Have a great night!

Anonymous said...

I will be working the USATF-NJ Grand Finale 10 Miler so maybe I will see you there :)

I booked two different hotels for Boston- the woman said that many people book more than one hotel...up to 5 at times, until they know which one will work best for them. That is why it is really full now and then space opens up in the winter and it gets booked by like Feb.