Statistics provided by Garmin as well as my own training logs. They are not completely accurate as there have been some runs I have completed without my watch. Also, I often replaced a scheduled workout with a race.
Weeks Training: 16
(15? 16 week training program, with 0 running in the last week due to knee problems and an unexpected cold/fever!)
Total Number of Miles: 412.5
Number of Runs: 59
Types of Workouts:
~Track: 11
~Tempo: 10
~Long: (Runs over 10 Miles) 10
~Hills: 4
~Recovery: 7
Races: 8
Shortest Run: 3 miles
Longest Run: 20 miles
Training High: 2 exciting race PRs: Woodbridge 10k and the Newport 1/2 Marathon.
Training Low: Getting sick at the very end of training!!
Favorite Run: This is a toss up between the 13 mile trail run and the 20 miler @ 8:36 pace.
Least Favorite Workout: Hill workouts are always the toughest for me, but so important! This track workout was also really hard!
Cold Update
Thank you for all your cold remedy suggestions. I used many of them! Unfortunately, yesterday I developed a fever, so I stayed home from work and rested. I used another sick day today in an attempt to recover as much as possible. I feel much better today, although still a little stuffy and definitely tired, despite sleeping more than usual. I hope to feel even better tomorrow so that I can still run a relatively decent race on Sunday but I may have to reevaluate my goals. I hope to still be able to qualify for Boston, although if I don’t, my dad suggested trying to find another fall marathon to do, later in the season. Boston 2011 will probably be sold out by then but I would love to get that BQ under my belt. We will see. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for all the well wishes and support! Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!
2 comments:
Good luck on Sunday!!!
Keri, Good luck on Sunday! Honestly, I believe you can get the BQ even if still sick (looks like the worst of that is over); you are such a strong runner, you will do it! Don't think about another race right now, focus on Steamtown bc it is yours!
Post a Comment