The Workout:
1600 @ 6:41
3200 @ 13:42
2 x 800 @ 3:13
*Plus warm up and cool down of course!
Stats:
5.31 miles
37:27
7:03 average pace
Splits:
1600 @ 6:18 Feeling pretty good, but breathing heavy!
3200 @ 13:38 ( 6:43, 6:55) I wanted to stop after the first mile but was able to push through.
800 @ 3:07 (6:08 pace) Legs starting to feel heavy...
800@ 3:03 (6:01 pace) Thank God this is the last one! Push Push Push!!!
This morning, I met my dad at 7:30 at the track. This workout ended up being harder than I expected. I think (hope!) the 90% humidity had something to do with it being so difficult. I am happy I was able to hit all the predicted times but my breathing was so hard. I walked a 400 meter RI in between each split. While the breathing was hard, my legs felt great, despite Friday's grueling 20-miler. I can feel the rate that I recover improving. I also think being off from work, getting lots of rest, and avoiding the stress of teaching is helping aid the recovery process. After the run, I went back to my parents' to quickly shower and rush to a hair appointment, only to find out it was canceled! So annoying. Regardless, it was nice to be able to get get up early, but not too early and get the run in before it hit 90 and then have the rest of the day to enjoy. Hope everyone is having a good Monday!
3 comments:
Nice job! That does seem like a grueling workout!
I actually LOVE the track. I love that feeling of running so hard you want to puke. Hehe. It makes me feel so accomplished afterwards!
I am actually planning my first track workout tomorrow... im rather excited!! :D
The 2 mile intervals are tough. I think this workout is the toughest from all the track workouts in FIRST!
Post a Comment