to my outside table
Much better. Cooper has been longing for the outdoors as much as I have:
I was going to wait until I made my final decision, but I couldn't wait to tell you guys. I have had meetings and phone interviews all week but I have officially been offered an assistant coaching position for a local girls cross country team! I am super excited about this opportunity, but I am a little hesitant to take the job because I have a lot going on right now with work, marathon training, group fitness subbing, the blog, and graduate school. Coaching is right up my alley and something I really enjoy doing. Although I haven't officially accepted the job yet, I "volunteered" today at the girls' preseason practice and I had a blast. After practice we had a coaching meeting and everyone was really friendly. I am really torn about what to do. It is a really wonderful opportunity but I am afraid to accept something if I can't give it 100%. I have some time to decide, however, and in the time being, I really enjoy volunteering with the girls. This morning during practice I performed strides and drills with the girls and ran for 20 minutes with one group while I got to know some of the team. I will let you know when I make my decision!
I have some fun things coming up on the blog! CSN has offered me another opportunity for a giveaway! This one is fitness related ;) I have also been working on the recovery post I promised as well as some other informative posts to go on the Training Tools page.
6 comments:
I would only take the XC job if you feel like you can give your all. That may not be what you want to hear, but I know that coaching is a HUGE commitment! I also know that if you don' answer the door when the opportunity knows, you may miss it. Hmmm...this is tough
Good luck on your decision regarding the XC job!
Ahhhhh cute attack from the pic of Cooper on the side of your page! Good luck with the job decision.
Coaching is so rewarding. I hope you can make it work for you 'cause it sounds like you enjoy it.
I love your puppy; he is too cute. What breed is he? I may have asked this before. If I did, I forgot - oops. I'm actually looking forward for the temps to cool off where I am, and that's the South so it's always insanely hot here. I remember one December it was in the 60s one day - just sad. That's why Fall is my favorite season - no extreme heat, no extreme coldness, and no pollen. Hoorah. :)
Many congrats on the job offer!! I can understand being hesitant, not wanting to spread yourself too thin...but everyone I know that coaches and works full time LOVES it, it is such a rewarding job! I used to run summer off-ice conditioning for girls and boys ice hockey...I LOVED it! SO much fun, and working with kids is so rewarding, it keeps you youthful :-)
I am sure either way you will make the right decision for you!
Post a Comment