Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blog Awards and Too Much Information


From Jen @ She's a Fit Chick!

Now I am supposed to tell you...

7 Things About Me

1.) When I was 15 I won a contest on a local radio show (z100 for all you tri-staters). I won some prize pack and was put into a drawing, which I won again and received a trip to LA and a guest spot on the show "Clueless." Not the movie...the tv show :)



Some really old pics..

It was a Halloween episode...



Woah...naturally hair color :)


With my sister.

2.) I used to hate running. I only did it to stay in shape for soccer season. I ran track for one season in high school and I was truly terrible. Probably the worst one on the team. Seriously.

3.) I met my boyfriend, Dan, on a spring break cruise with my friends senior year in college. We have been dating for 4 1/2 years now.



Last night of the cruise.

4.) I am a Mets Fan. (Dan is a Yankee fan...its kind of a problem.)


On the way back from a game. They lost. No comments please...

5) I used to work in the fashion industry, in the production department of JCrew, but found the corporate world was not for me and switched to teaching. I don't miss the job, but I do miss the discounts! Fortunately, JCrew offers an educator's discount :) On a side note, a friend of mine just bought her wedding dress there (yes JCrew has a wedding line) and she was able to use her educator's discount on the dress. 20 percent off! Yes please.

6.) In high school, my best friend, Cathy, and I won "Attached at the Hip" in the Senior Superlatives section of the yearbook. The yearbook is at my parent's house or I would have scanned the picture in. This one is much better, I assure you :)



We are still best friends and now we are both teachers.



7.) I once played the Wicked Witch of the West in a backyard production of my all time favorite movie the Wizard of Oz. My sister played Dorothy. (This one was for you Laury!) It was so long ago I don't have pics, although I do think there is a home video floating around somewhere.

If you have not yet received this, consider yourself tagged!

9 comments:

NY Wolve said...

That is hilarious, and brought a smile to my face. I envy your pictures -- I just went through all of my pictures and realized that I don;t have any of my wife and I for the first 4 years we were married. (We just had anniversary number 14.) So, pre-digital camera pics are so awesome. And I can't even imagine my old pics. When my ten year old seems that at my parents' house, she "Dad! Is that YOU? No way!"

Anonymous said...

You and your boyfriend officially cheer for my least favorite teams!

Go Phillies :)

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

Awww, I love reading the random facts about bloggers!! You and your BFF look so pretty in those blue dresses!!!

And you and you a Mets fan and the BF a Yankees fan!!! Oye...well, at least you're not in the same division...I know that the fans hate each other, or are indifferent. Hey, at least you're not a Red Sox fan, then you'd REALLy have a problem ;-)

Oh, and to answer your Q earlier..i am also ACE certified! The new textbook is supposed to be really good! I am sure you'll do great being Group X certified already...the test is tough, but if you know the style already you'll do great!!!

dana said...

I found your blog via Maryland Pink and Green.

Such a cute blog!! I love to run, also.

Look forward to following along and reading more!! Have a fab weekend!!

All Things Jaime said...

Fun post!!

Robyn said...

HAHA these were great! I once almost won a contest on Z100, i was caller 97 haha.

Maureen Lisa said...

This is so cute! I can't believe you went to the Clueless set, that's awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

I used to act out that Mary-Kate and Ashley movie It Takes Two by myself in my parents' yard. It sounds embarrassing now, but I had loads of fun doing it at the time. I pretty much knew all the lines verbatim.

Leslie said...

JCrew Educators discount - how do you get that? My husband is a teacher in the school district down here. Does he just show his ID? Main stores only, or factory stores too?