Monday, August 16, 2010

Camping and Rafting!

This weekend Dan and I went camping with a bunch of his college friends at Barton Cove in Massachusetts. Robyn made a comment on my last post that made me laugh:

Delete
Blogger Robyn said...

Wow if I did 20 miles, I'd spend the rest of the day recovering and you're going camping!! Have fun.


Haha! Don't be too impressed. Camping was actually the perfect thing to do after running 20 miles. Here's why:

1.) I was so tired I slept through most of the traffic in the car.
2.) I basically ate whatever I wanted.
3.) I slept like a baby...both nights!
4.) The water was so cold when we were whitewater rafting it was like an ice bath for my legs!
5.) I spent most of the time there sitting in a chair around the campfire (resting my legs!)

We drove up Friday afternoon, after my long run, and left Sunday morning. We got all packed, I picked up some mags, and we were off.

This was actually the first issue of Running Times I have ever read and I loved it!

After over 5 hours of driving due to so much traffic in Connecticut, we were there. It was a long ride, but it was completely worth it once we got there. You can't really tell from the pictures because I didn't get any group shots but there were 15 of us there. Friday night we grilled and sat around the campfire and ate s'mores. They were so good, I haven't had a s'more in years! A couple of Dan's friends also brought up their guitars and played a bit. I went to bed a little after 1am and slept like a rock!

On Saturday, a little bit after breakfast we headed out to go whitewater rafting. We went through a company called Crab Apple, and it was a blast! I had never been rafting before and was pretty scared. I didn't want our raft to capsize or to fall in the water, involuntarily, that is. Rafting ended up being so much fun. I did a lot of screaming of course, but it was a blast. I would love to go again. I don't have any pictures of rafting because I didn't want to ruin my camera :(

Some other pics:


Sorry for the blurriness. I am buying a new camera today!




Heating up water for my coffee addiction...


Hiking










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good trip and I love your selection of mags! Nice choices (and p.s. you dog is suuuuper cute)!

Robyn said...

Haha ok I do feel better now knowing you slept well because of it. I still couldn't do it. Glad you had a great time.