Welcome new followers! Just a reminder…don’t forget to enter my foam roller giveaway. I will announce the winner at some point tomorrow. Today, my dad and I completed our 3rd 20-mile run of marathon training.
20 Miler #1 (9:06 average pace)
20 Miler #2 (8:59 average pace)
Stats:
20 miles
3:03:01
9:08 average pace
6:00 best pace
Splits:
Mile 1~8:55 Mile 11~9:02
Mile 2~8:49 Mile 12~9:20
Mile 3~9:40 (hill) Mile 13~9:44
Mile 4~9:04 Mile 14~8:40
Mile 5~9:05 Mile 15~9:07
Mile 6~8:45 Mile 16~9:26
Mile 7~9:03 Mile 17~9:39 (hill)
Mile 8~9:08 Mile 18~9:00
Mile 9~9:17 Mile 19~9:37
Mile 10~9:05 Mile 20~8:14
I’m not thrilled that this was the slowest 20-miler so far, but considering yesterday I ran a fast race, I am just happy I was able to finish it! The weather was beautiful this morning, definitely in the 60s with clear blue skies. We left the house at 7:15 and were on our way. We didn’t get to try the accelerade yet, but brought 4 packets of gel: 2 GUs (vanilla and espresso) and 2 powerbar gels (vanilla and double latte- notice a pattern?) I also wore my fuel belt with 4 bottles full of water. We stopped at miles 6, 9, and 15 to fuel, fill our bottles, use the bathroom and stretch.
I can’t believe we are already in week 11 of marathon training! 2 more full weeks and the taper begins. I am nervous there is not enough time to do all the workouts I want to do! Here is what week 11 looks like:
Marathon Training: Week 11
Sunday: Race
Monday: 20 Miles + Yoga
Tuesday: *Athletic Yoga
Wednesday: *Track:1000, 2000, 1000, 1000
Thursday: *FIT
Friday: *Tempo??: 5 miles @ 7:29
Saturday: REST
*Anticipated workouts
I may count Sunday’s race as my tempo run for the week and do any easy run or hills instead. I will have to see how I feel by Wednesday but I hope to get to the track.
Hope everyone had a nice Monday!
4 comments:
I can't believe you've run 3 20 milers already! Great job!!!
Great job on another 20 miler! You are going to be so ready for this race!
Your week looks jam packed! Can't wait to read about your race!!
Wow!! You are doing great!
Post a Comment