
July Running Review
Effort is the one strictly undervalued and original contribution we make to this world.
~William James, Philosopher
Past Monthly Reviews
January: 85.75 miles
February: 58 miles
March: 68 miles
April: 95.22 miles
May: 74.6 miles
June: 97.17
July Stats
Number of Miles: 109.43 (**highest this year**)
Days Running: 14/31
Days at the Gym: 8/31 (Pilates, FIT, yoga, lifting, and cross training)
Longest Run: 20 miles
Days of Speed Work: 6 (Tempo, Track, and Hills)
Number of Runs over 10 miles: 3
Number of Races: 2 (Belmar 5, Westfield Pizza 5K)
Number of Rest Days: 9 (no gym or running)
Thoughts
Another good month for the books. I love that the mileage is (somewhat) effortlessly increasing. I actually ran less days this month but ran more miles. I definitely feel like I took too many rest days, but my body really needed the rest. I think increasing the mileage took some getting used to for my body and hopefully in August I will need less time to recover from those long runs.
Looking Ahead
There are a couple of exciting things happening in August. As marathon training continues I am nearing the half way mark of the 16 week training...which is really just 5 more weeks and then tapering...so scary. More exciting than that, work will finally be finished! Only 8 more days of work and then I have the rest of the summer to devote to marathon training and relaxation.
4 comments:
So yeah, you kicked July's ass!
Ah! I'm so jealous : ( Teachers sometimes have it really great and that is definitely one of the best benefits!
Way to go on the mileage, you're doing so well!!
You are awesome girlie!!! You rock!!
Jen @ shesafitchick
WOW! Your running is pretty impressive!! I am blown away, bc I am a TERRIBLE runner...can't get past a mile without cramping, breathing heavy, ect. Give me HITT, plyometrics, sprints, etc...but running like this, no way!! You're amazing!! I love how you and your dad run together, that's great!!! Let me know if your BF ends up giving into Thrive, maybe we'll end up in some of the same classes!
Post a Comment