
May Running Review
Is it me or do the months just keep getting faster?
Believe that you an run farther or faster. Believe that you're young enough, old enough, strong enough, and so on to accomplish everything you want to do. Don't let worn out beliefs stop you from moving beyond yourself.
~John Bingham
Past Monthly Reviews
January
February
March
April
May Stats
Number of Miles: 74.6
Days Running: 17/31
Days at the Gym: 9/31 (Pilates, FIT, and lifting!)
Longest Run: 12 miles
Days of Speed Work: 7 (not including races)
Number of Runs over 10 miles: 1 (oops!)
Number of Races: 4 (Our House 5, *Newport 10,000, Run for Rachel, *Spring Lake 5)
Number of Rest Days: 7 (no gym or running)
Thoughts: May was such a fun month for exercise! The weather finally got nicer, I got to race almost every weekend and I started lifting heavier weights at the gym. I am happy with my race times, feel and look stronger and had a lot of fun exercising this month!
Looking Ahead: June marks the start of marathon training for the Steamtown Marathon in Scranton, PA. The marathon is Oct. 10 and my dad and I start a 16 week training program on June 20. I only have 2 races scheduled for the month of June and plan to be careful in scheduling too many short races that may interfere with training!
*Personal Record
10 comments:
You had a great month! 2 PR - so fantastic! Good luck with marathon training!
Great month! My running friend, Penny, and I almost decided on Steamtown. We're running one a little closer instead on 10/23 near Destin, FL.
Steamtown is supposed to be very fast! :) You're going to do so well! What type of marathon schedule do you follow?
holy moly woman!! you kicked butt this month...that is AWESOME motivation for me--thank you!!
I can't believe it is already June either, but I am sure happy it is :)
Great month...lots of races :)
Great month of racing! 4 races, you rock!
You're doing so well!! I hope you hit your goals this month!!
Keri,
You are unbelievable! Another great month. Very cool that you and your Dad are going to run a marathon together. My daughter has run 5K races with me, and it was quality father-daughter time. I'm sure your Dad feels the same way. Thanks for commenting on my blog. It means a lot. Have a great short work-week!
Awesome month of running - love the diea of the full recap! June sounds like a busy month with two races and the beginning of race training too, cant wait to hear about it.
What a great running month! My house is in Bradley and last year I was able to do the races in Avon, Wall, Belmar and I forget where else. I hope once I'm better I can start up again b/c I love my Jersey Shore races!
wow girl you did awesome!
Post a Comment