And welcome new followers!! I think the Lady Blogger Tea Party had a little something to do with all of my lovely new readers and I am ecstatic. If I haven't already done so, I will definitely be dropping by to say hello soon.
Well, it is back to work for me tomorrow...booo. I know, don't feel too sorry for me. My boyfriend certainly doesn't :) It was fun while it lasted and luckily my summer vacation isn't over yet. I go back to work for a 30 day summer school session and then the big vacay comes in August.
I got so many comments on my pink and green water bottle. I love it too. It was a gift from my assistant. She also got me this adorable one:
...and they were $2 each at the Christmas Tree Shops! If you don't have this store near you and want one of these darling water bottles email me and I will get it and send it to you. For $2 you can't go wrong! Plus the store is right up the street from me.
Anyway, on to running. I planned for today to be the track day, even though I had a race yesterday. Not the smartest of planning but I like to get everything in. The schedule called for 4 x 800 at a 3:13 pace. My dad and I ran to the track this morning and the entire high school football team was practicing on the field. Um, no thanks...I called it a sign and we promptly changed it to a 6 mile recovery run. It was so hot we brought water and stopped twice to drink and refill.
Stats
6.0 miles
52:44 minutes
8:47 average pace
Splits
Mile 1~8:40
Mile 2~8:47
Mile 3~9:03
Mile 4~8:50
Mile 5~9:02
Mile 6~8:19
Heart Rate
Average: 146 bpm
Max: 168 bpm
Oh also, yesterday I picked up a couple of things from Borders:
Back to the real world tomorrow. See you after...I will probably be more stressed :)
6 comments:
Maybe you've already posted, and I'm just behind, but what marathon program are you using?
I've been using Higdon the past 4 marathons, but am switching things up with Pfitzer's program.
Those books are great. I read everything on running:) The Hudson book is one of the best I've read. The Pfitz book is more basics, and it has training plans. I am using one of Hudson's plans for my Fall marathon (I love FIRST but need more mileage).
I would hit the Pfitz first, I have heard great things about his plans, and would love to read that book!
Good luck back to work, but only 30 days and then another break!
I have advanced marathoning! I was going to follow the Pfitz plan, and then my coach started writing my schedule! Regardless, it's a good book! :) Enjoy.
I liked Run Faster!!!
OK, I am catching up on everything here. Congrats on 5K! 3rd place AG! Sweet! and I have been wanting to pick up that advanced marathoning book. please review it. I'd love to hear what you think!
Post a Comment