Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weekend Recap

What a busy weekend! You know how those weekends when you are all over the place always seem longer? That was my weekend...but it went so quickly!

Friday evening, Dan and I grabbed some Panera and took Cooper to the park to have a picnic. My eyes must have been bigger than my stomach that day because I ordered wayyyy too much food. Usually at Panera I go with the you pick two option. For example, half a sandwich and soup or half a salad. I was feeling especially hungry on Friday and being that I had a race the next day, I felt it was okay to go a little crazy. I ended up ordering the Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich (the whole thing) and the Mozzarella, Tomato, Basil Salad (again the whole thing). It didn't seem like a lot when I ordered it...I mean if we we go to a restaurant I usually order a salad before my meal...and a sandwich and a salad can't possibly be that much food, right?

It was. I ended up eating half of each anyway. I guess Panera has this thing figured out already. Oh well, I ate the rest for lunch on Saturday. Lesson learned.

Saturday morning I was up at 5:15am to get ready for the Mini! Dan and Coop were already up so I relieved him and sent him back to bed. Coop and I lounged a bit before getting ready. My dad picked me up at 6:30 and we were off. You can read the race report here. It was a blast...the best part was meeting Kara and Paula!


Don't be fooled by this face...he can be trouble!

After the race on Saturday, I had to rush back to NJ, pack a bag and head to the shore for the rest of the weekend. We got down to Dan's parents' house in time to watch USA and England tie their world cup game. Not bad USA...maybe we can make it past the group stage this time ;)

We spent the rest of the weekend down the shore. Sunday morning we went to breakfast and after digesting I headed to the boardwalk for a recovery 6-miler. Well I guess there wasn't much recovering on the run but it was a glorious run nonetheless. I love running on the boardwalk and being able to look at the ocean. I used to run with headphones but when I started doing most of my runs with my dad I stopped wearing them. Now even when I run alone I don't wear them.

After the run we took a dip in the hot tub (*I know so bad for recovery but it was so lovely) then laid out on the deck to dry off and grilled up some food. Coop was loving life at the shore. He was so well behaved and loved running around the backyard. Soon it was time to head home...back to the real world.

5 comments:

misszippy said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend to me! That pup is SO cute!!

Elle said...

so jealous of your time at the shore... and I have learned my serious lesson about ordering food... even out to dinner at a restaurant I rarely order my own plate of food... I almost always share a little of whatever coley orders... I'm a small meal eater... I just feel better if I eat a little bit at a time throughout the whole day.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE panera and we don't have it here so after reading your recap...i want to drive across the country to the nearest one. Cooper is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love Panera and always do the pick two!!!

Robyn said...

You recovered from a 6-mile race with another 6-miler?? WOw!