June 27, 2010
Weather
82 degrees at start and humid!
Official Stats
3.1 miles
19:58
6:25 average pace
72/888
8/419 females
3/36 age group (25-29)
Garmin Stats
3.14 miles
19:57
6:21 average pace
Splits
Mile 1~6:06
Mile 2~6:36
Mile 3~6:29
Mile 3.1~5:31 (pace)
Race Report
I was looking forward to running this race because I heard it was a fast and beautiful course and it was! This is the first time I have finished in under 20 minutes on a course other than President's Cup, a course that I have now raced on 6 times, and therefore know like the back of my hand. It was a hot and humid morning, however, and I am surprised I was able to cope with the heat so well. I must have gone as fast as I did to get it over with! The course was beautiful, just as the lovely Racing with Babes said it would be, and much of the course ran along the river. The atmosphere was fun and festive and there were lots of tents set up, music with a dj and food supplied by Outback and Super Food Town. It was such a fun way to spend the morning! I placed 3rd in my age group and took home a lovely pint glass.
The shirt was pretty cute too!
Here are some other pics from the race...
7 comments:
Hi, I'm coming over from the Lady Blogger Tea Party. Your blog caught my eye because I just started running with the c25k program. I love it! I'm on week 4 and will run my first 5k in September.
You pictures from today's race are fantastic. Congratulations on the great time. Will come back to read more.
I love that you race so much! Another 5K under 20! Very impressive!!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I look forward to checking yours out! Way to go with the race. That is an awesome time!
Dang girly very impressive time!
xo
Great run, chick!!!
Stopping by from Lady Bloggers and absolutely love your blog! I have been trying to be more consistent with my running and your blog is great motivation!
{FOLLOWING!}
Thanks! :)
-Meg
[Life of Meg]
www.megnificentlife.blogspot.com
Wow! What a great time! Especially under such hot and humid conditions. Maybe you were running so fast because you knew it would be over that much sooner! ;)
Post a Comment