The bike ride went well...I really should cross train more! It was a beautiful morning for a ride. My dad did his 13 miles with an average pace of 8:55 and he basically did the same course I did yesterday with a few minor adjustments. I rode with him but walked up the 2 major hills since we are racing tomorrow and I didn't want to be sore. So far I feel fine although my butt is a little sore because its not used to the bike seat!
Dan and I attended a family picnic of his but left early because he wanted to watch the (disappointing) USA game. I fell asleep on the couch, even with all of his screaming! I think these early mornings and the start of marathon training caught up to me! I usually feel guilty napping on such a beautiful day but my body needed it. I have to get up even earlier tomorrow for the race so we are lying low tonight :)
Marathon Training Recap - Week 1
June 20-26
Sunday: REST
Monday: 5k Race (Track Workout)
Tuesday: Athletic Yoga/Reformer Pilates
Wednesday: Tempo Run
Thursday: Mat Pilates
Friday: Long Run
Saturday: Cross Train (Bike Ride)
And here is a little inspiration for us all:
Sunflowers, my favorite, just because :) Isn't he the best? Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
2 comments:
Your entire blog reminds me of the book While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky. You remind me of the older sister, Robin, who journals about her running. Blogging, journaling - same thing just about, but through different venues. I'm so glad I came across your blog at LBS as I really want to get into running myself. I was always a horrible runner, and still am. However, I hope to change that soon. Good luck in your marathon!
Great 1st week, definitely good to get in the extra sleep. Good luck with the race!
Post a Comment