After last night's successful race, I slept like a baby :) I was awakened this morning at 7am on my first day off by the pup.

But with a race like that, I couldn't be upset. Do you like his bandana? It is hard to see but it says "Bad to the Bone" and has little doggy bones all over it. Dan's mom bought it for him. Since I was up nice and early I caught up on blogs and made Caitlin's grilled banana sandwich. It was just as amazing as she said it would be. After breakfast I went to the 9:45 athletic yoga class at the gym. I felt like I hadn't been the gym in awhile and it has been sooooooooooooo long since i have done yoga. The class was amazing, especially after the race the night before. We did a lot of stretching but it was also really challenging. So many chatarungas (sp?) I was shaking like a leaf. I left feeling so refreshed. I hopped on the elliptical for a little cross training and then did some chest work. I wanted to do more but started to get hungry and didn't want to push it since I still had Pilates to do in the afternoon.
I rushed home and made a green monster.
So good. I used:
1 banana
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (whey)
1 handful spinach
Almond milk
1 tablespoon peanut butter
A few ice cubes
1 banana
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (whey)
1 handful spinach
Almond milk
1 tablespoon peanut butter
A few ice cubes
You couldn't even taste the spinach. Not long after the smoothie I had lunch with my mom then decided to relax a bit before the reformer Pilates class. The class went by so quickly and we did a lot of deep core work. I was shaking up a storm again! I definitely got some really great workouts in today. I hope I'm not too sore tomorrow because I told my Pilates instructor I would try to make it to her spin class in the morning! Whew. I need to go relax...vacation is exhausting!
4 comments:
What a cute puppy. Enjoy vacation
Aaahhh, vacation! I do the same thing ... extra workouts! :) Enjoy your time off, even if it's only a week!
I'm swooning over your vacation. Enjoy it!
You sound so healthy I'm exhausted just reading this post! :) And the pup has made me fall in love, just a little!
Post a Comment