I can technically say that I beat Paula Radcliffe in a race! Although Paula of course wasn't racing...just running for fun...and I was racing my little heart out...minor details :) Paula, who is 5 months pregnant, ran the race for fun, and finished in 44:36. Kara Goucher, who is also 5 months pregnant, and ironically due the same day as Paula, had to pull out of the race due to a back injury. Even better than "beating" Paula, was meeting both of them!
In all honesty, I was hoping to merely catch a glimpse of either of them, I can't believe I was able to meet both of them and take pictures. Kara also signed my bib :)
Here are some candid pics my dad got:
Paula holds the world marathon record of 2:17:18...
3 comments:
AWESOME PICTURES! I love that you 'technically' beat Paula. How cool is that?
That is SO COOL!!!! Jealous!
What a great race! I think Kara looks so good!
And I'm so glad that you got to run and that you got to meet both of them... it's such a fun thing to meet world class athletes. When I was swimming in High school I went to a swim camp at the Olympic training center that was coached by Olympians... and I'll never forget meeting and being coached by Chryssie Ahmen Layten and getting to hold her silver medals (those suckers were HEAVY)!
Post a Comment