I went to the track again...what can I say? I am addicted.First some housekeeping :)
1.) Kara blogged about the Mini! Check it out here.
2.) Robyn posted about this super fabulous Lucy sale! I am loving it and wanted to pass the secret along.
On to the workouts...
Thursday 6/17 - Track Workout
The Workout: 10 x 400
1/2 mile warm up (I know, so not enough but I was late and meeting friends!)
5 x 400 (w/ 400 meter jog in between)
Rest: water break and walk
5 x 400 (w/ 400 meter jog)
*When I stopped after the first five my friends were like...oh good we are done. I said, yeah right, this is halftime!
Stats
5.12 miles
36:53
7:12 average pace
4:48 best pace (yeah, right! maybe for a hot second...)
Splits
Distance Pace Time
.26 5:37 1:27
.26 5:50 1:32
.26 5:50 1:32
.26 5:46 1:29
.25 5:52 1:29
REST
.26 5:50 1:30
.25 6:00 1:30
.25 5:57 1:29
.26 5:54 1:30
.25 5:52 1:28* right on pace!
According to Run Less, Run Faster I was supposed to do all 10 in 1:28. I think I got pretty close to that considering that some of the laps were a little bit more (.26 instead of .25) and also I jogged instead of walked the rest interval so I am thrilled with this workout!
After I met my mom at the gym for a quick weights sesh. I didn't last very long because I was super tired and hungry but I got a few things in. I may try to get there today for some leg work. My dad and I are running a 5k on Monday night so this weekend we plan to take it easy with a few miles...
Have a great one!
5 comments:
Girl you workout ethic is awesome... seriously you go! Isn't Kara just the cutest thing ever? I love her blog! and so jealous of her talent.... Have you ever thought about someone who you would want to spend like 6 months or a year living their life... I would want to spend some time living Kara's life :)
Nice job. I think 400s are hard to pace, the margin is so small, and it's all by feel.
Awesome run! 400s are so intense - I always get so tired after running 4-5 of them!
Love Kara's blog ... just wish she posted more! :)
Track, again! 10x400 ... VERY NICE!! I can't wait to read about your 5K on Monday night!
Thanks for the shoutout! DId you buy anything?
Post a Comment